Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,389 total conversations in 3,327 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
Japanese memes

Last posted Jul 24, 2014 at 08:29AM EDT. Added Feb 25, 2010 at 10:59AM EST
1081 posts from 64 users

Most of the Hissu Amoto San / Airmoto videos are now offline, but I preserved some of them (including the trigger videos of Airmoto and RED_ZONE).

Jul 23, 2013 at 03:26PM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

Most of the Hissu Amoto San / Airmoto videos are now offline, but I preserved some of them (including the trigger videos of Airmoto and RED_ZONE).

Airmoto was killed by NND admins for “political” motivation and will never come back. She has gone. We’ll have to document about her death at sometime.

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:17PM EDT
Quote

Random 21 wrote:

Just want to know if there’s any spread for the ending dance for the anime.

I know there have been a few parodies, but I;m just wondering if there have been any more. At least enough for it to be worthwhile to keep an eye on. Not talking entries yet, but maybe in the future is what I mean.

@Random21
Some of – probably female – users on NND are trying reproducing the dance by their hand drawn animations. But the amount of these videos isn’t enough to form a meme-like series.

And there are no notable activities found on internet communities except for pure/Yaoi fan illustrations, yet.

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:53PM EDT
Quote

“ファッキンホット”
Recent Oto MAD source seen!
Do you think…?

Jul 25, 2013 at 08:06AM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

Airmoto was killed by NND admins for “political” motivation and will never come back. She has gone. We’ll have to document about her death at sometime.

However, it’s being preserved on websites like bilibili.tv and Funny Or Die. I have updated the meme’s entry. Be sure to mention about her death at Nico Nico Douga there.

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:59AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

“ファッキンホット”
Recent Oto MAD source seen!
Do you think…?

> F**kin’ Hot

F**kin’ Hot has been a sort of (minor) reaction face in Futaba (2chan) since late 2000s. then, its manner imported to Twitter in this hot summer.

Sadly, the footage itself is too boring to be a Oto MAD source. It won’t spread.

Most of Otom MAD editors are basically lacking of wit and humor, just always steal something lionized in other communities. So, Making Oto MADs doesn’t mean its visual source has something notable /interesting / funny / hilarious.

Jul 25, 2013 at 07:36PM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

However, it’s being preserved on websites like bilibili.tv and Funny Or Die. I have updated the meme’s entry. Be sure to mention about her death at Nico Nico Douga there.

Wherever we uploaded Airmoto videos, Shinano Art will search and destroy it. That’s because it’s not a problem of copyright infringement in one video sharing service, but a problem of defamation of the cult sect religious group. Airmoto is the obstruction in their missionary / political activity. They never allow the existence of Airmoto anymore.

I guess your videos will be taken down sooner or later.

Last edited Jul 25, 2013 at 07:51PM EDT
Jul 25, 2013 at 07:50PM EDT
Quote

That’s odd, because what about fan artworks and photographs? I don’t see them being removed as much as videos.

And one of the videos I uploaded in a separate Funny Or Die account had real Japanese tags making it easier for anyone to find it, and it’s been like that for a few years. Same goes to bilibili.tv videos, and bilibili.tv is a Chinese website.

Last edited Jul 25, 2013 at 07:58PM EDT
Jul 25, 2013 at 07:54PM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

That’s odd, because what about fan artworks and photographs? I don’t see them being removed as much as videos.

And one of the videos I uploaded in a separate Funny Or Die account had real Japanese tags making it easier for anyone to find it, and it’s been like that for a few years. Same goes to bilibili.tv videos, and bilibili.tv is a Chinese website.

That’s because airmotofags resistance activities on NND were still effective. But Now SGI has finally conquered NND. Shinano Art always delete YouTube videos in a speed of light. So, where should Airmotofags go? Yes, it’s other video service where now you’re uploading to. And naturally, shinano art will chase them.

There are two very important facts: One is that a person belonging to SGI became one of the board members in NND’s parent company, Niwango in last year. Now, SGI can step in the NND’s direction directly.
The other is Japanese public office election law which was amend in last year allows online election activity for the first time. So, political parties become to be not able to ignore calumniation on the web even though these are mere childish mischief.

Besides, NND aims to get the presence as a social infrastructure including election campaigns and now try making deep relationships with political parties and bureaucrats. Therefore, NND don’t want to host political parodies anymore.

However, they can’t claim copyright infringement against parody illustrations drawn by people. copyright claims only effective to MAD videos including footage plagiarised from their videos.

Jul 26, 2013 at 08:24AM EDT
Quote

Hello guise. Good job trying to preserve endangered memes such as Hissu Amoto San.
It’s not an easy task.
MMD fads come and go. What about this one?

Have we already talked about this?

Aug 03, 2013 at 09:30PM EDT
Quote

@Tomberry

Michael Jackson’s Thriller has been a long running extremely popular song, both the song and the video are widely known. It is only natural that it has spread to the internet, with MMD variations being only a part of that spread.

If possible, I would look more into it as just the song “Thriller”, and make it’s MMD spread a part of that entry in the form of a (lengthy) header. Of course focus on the online spread, as a large quantity is still IRL spread.

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:23AM EDT
Quote

@Tomberry @RandomMan
I basically think it’s not a good way to measure something’s notability from the amount of MMD videos.

As you know, the MMD community always shares all of materials: character models, stage models, choreograph data, visual effects, etc… So, anyone can making MMD videos by only borrowing someone else’s works. This is the reason why there are so many same MMD dancing videos which is just swapping characters, and the amount of these poor videos is increased by unfortunately non-creative people.

For example, the original MMD version of moymoy palaboy’s “Everybody” lip-dub video has earned hundreds of thousands of pageviews, and was reported in a TV show. This is notable. But other MMD videos made by diverting its data aren’t so.

These MMD Thriller videos are also made by the same way. So, as RM said, all we need to do is to give a (small) mention about MMD videos in the section for Dance covers including IRL, to MJ’s “person” article or Thriller song article.

Last edited Aug 05, 2013 at 12:52AM EDT
Aug 05, 2013 at 12:47AM EDT
Quote

Recent Surge Report!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21523492
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21527032
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21525704
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21525925
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21529774

Aug 06, 2013 at 08:51AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

Recent Surge Report!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21523492
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21527032
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21525704
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21525925
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21529774

w-well… that escalated quickly.
BUT FIRST! Let’s wait until these short videos get more views.

Aug 06, 2013 at 11:53PM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

Recent Surge Report!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21523492
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21527032
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21525704
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21525925
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21529774

> I don’t have anything to give you, so I’ll sing you X.

NND – search results for 何もあげられるもの無いから○○を歌うよ

it reminds me of a YTP fad No Man

Fads of this kind of remix style, just reproducing songs by voice without any reason, always increase its amount rapidly and pass away quickly.

You had better have lower expectations to its spreading.

Aug 07, 2013 at 12:07AM EDT
Quote

Confirmed, but still needs to be reviewed and rewritten.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/shimajiro-toilet-training

Aug 10, 2013 at 05:56PM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

Confirmed, but still needs to be reviewed and rewritten.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/shimajiro-toilet-training

Thank you for your suggestion mail. OK, let’s work for it.
Sadly, that entry is based on wrong information. We need to rewrite it from the scratch. But I don’t know its reputation in outside of Japan and how many parodies are existing on the westerners web.

Are there any English resources about these?

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:13AM EDT
Quote

I think it is not becoming viral much to Westerners. VanManner might know. All I’ve seen is videos with incorrect (but harshly comedic) subtitles.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:36PM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

I think it is not becoming viral much to Westerners. VanManner might know. All I’ve seen is videos with incorrect (but harshly comedic) subtitles.

To be honest, I can’t help doubting the notability of the entry. Of course, I know that footage looks so weird to Westerners. But the amount of parodies or spoofs on video sharing services, maybe you’ve watched some of them, tells us that it hasn’t shown any meme-like spreading. Even if we complete rewriting the article from the scratch based on those small amount of evidences, I won’t be positive about its reconfirmation.

Aug 18, 2013 at 08:33AM EDT
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

I’ve made an entry called 何もあげられるもの無いから○○を歌うよ.
Let me know, what you think of it.
And yeah… I had to do it. Can’t you see it yourself on NND? The fad has grown like crazy.

You know, I moderately disagree with giving entries to this level of fads which always get forgotten in the next anime season. Today, nobody remembers “┌(^o^)┘Mori!┌(^o^)┘Mori!” MAD videos. This is going to face the same fate.

Anyway, please add notable example videos to the articles. I’ll tweak entry’s format after you finish that.

Aug 18, 2013 at 09:01AM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

You know, I moderately disagree with giving entries to this level of fads which always get forgotten in the next anime season. Today, nobody remembers “┌(^o^)┘Mori!┌(^o^)┘Mori!” MAD videos. This is going to face the same fate.

Anyway, please add notable example videos to the articles. I’ll tweak entry’s format after you finish that.

I know what you mean, my friend, but I think some people can find these Mori videos on NND. If you go to the comments of the video トキワのモリ, you can see some people still commenting on the video. Maybe the fad died, but it’s spread is still somehow worthy.

Anyway, I finished adding the Notable Examples on the latest entry I made and I hope you can put some more information or some corrections to it. I’m enthusiastic in every edit you do :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:23AM EDT
Quote

So yeah I’ve noticed the main character from 孤独のグルメ/Kodoku no Gourmet/The Lonely Gourmet showing up in MMD videos for about the past year to year and a half. Apparently it’s a 2008 manga that has also had a 10 episode live action drama based on made last year. So that might have made memetic status. Saw a mmd video recently were he wasn’t just a background character:

Yes, I am away the video is also a Haiyore! Nyaruko-san parody.

Aug 19, 2013 at 08:30PM EDT
Quote

Huh, no edit button…

O.K. another thing I’ve noticed: there seems to be a Bert & Ernie Drum meme on NND
As sample (might want to turn your volume down)
sm2168098
sm5434744
sm5513401
sm5423092

MMD ver (I’v seen fair amount more)
sm21613624
sm20113902

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:39PM EDT
Quote

Anyone00 wrote:

Huh, no edit button…

O.K. another thing I’ve noticed: there seems to be a Bert & Ernie Drum meme on NND
As sample (might want to turn your volume down)
sm2168098
sm5434744
sm5513401
sm5423092

MMD ver (I’v seen fair amount more)
sm21613624
sm20113902

This is great! I have never found such funny videos on NND.
xD
Good Job finding such videos.
I’ll keep an eye on this tag.

Aug 21, 2013 at 03:57AM EDT
Quote

Anyone00 wrote:

Huh, no edit button…

O.K. another thing I’ve noticed: there seems to be a Bert & Ernie Drum meme on NND
As sample (might want to turn your volume down)
sm2168098
sm5434744
sm5513401
sm5423092

MMD ver (I’v seen fair amount more)
sm21613624
sm20113902

The trigger is 2007 YouTube video by user HAYW1R3.

This video imported to NND on January 29th 2008, with the title “Hardcore” though its audiotrack is a Grindcore song “A Divine Proclamation of Finishing The Present Existence” by Last Days Of Humanity.

On NND, parody videos inspired by this video are tagged under “Susami Street” (荒みストリート). The Japanese word “Susami” (荒み) in this case means “gruff” or “brutal”.

MMD versions are made by just borrowing the motion data from this video below.

Those videos tagged under this: MMD Hardcore Championship" (MMDハードコア選手権)

I don’t know where the original Sesami Street footage is taken from. If we could fill this piece, we will be able to make the entry easily.

> Kodoku no Gourmet

Actually, this manga has earned a cult following on the Japanese web since early 2000s. But NND videos aren’t so important to measure its popularity.

Aug 21, 2013 at 04:36AM EDT
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

I know what you mean, my friend, but I think some people can find these Mori videos on NND. If you go to the comments of the video トキワのモリ, you can see some people still commenting on the video. Maybe the fad died, but it’s spread is still somehow worthy.

Anyway, I finished adding the Notable Examples on the latest entry I made and I hope you can put some more information or some corrections to it. I’m enthusiastic in every edit you do :)

Fortunately, You’ve already been doing editing in decent quality since before. I don’t need to do tweaking so much.

BTW, I think we need to put Japanese signage to the original titles and terms used in Google Trends or External References only because you guys can’t read them anyways. So we don’t need to write each NND users’ names and video titles in Japanese.

Aug 21, 2013 at 04:55AM EDT
Quote

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Ernie_and_Bert_Sketches:_Apartment

That main one from HAYW1R3 seems to be from Episode 0801 (December 8, 1975)
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_0801

Other drum footage possibly from 0280 and 2256
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_0280
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_2256

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:21AM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

The trigger is 2007 YouTube video by user HAYW1R3.

This video imported to NND on January 29th 2008, with the title “Hardcore” though its audiotrack is a Grindcore song “A Divine Proclamation of Finishing The Present Existence” by Last Days Of Humanity.

On NND, parody videos inspired by this video are tagged under “Susami Street” (荒みストリート). The Japanese word “Susami” (荒み) in this case means “gruff” or “brutal”.

MMD versions are made by just borrowing the motion data from this video below.

Those videos tagged under this: MMD Hardcore Championship" (MMDハードコア選手権)

I don’t know where the original Sesami Street footage is taken from. If we could fill this piece, we will be able to make the entry easily.

> Kodoku no Gourmet

Actually, this manga has earned a cult following on the Japanese web since early 2000s. But NND videos aren’t so important to measure its popularity.

I have found the source! It’s from the Sesame Street episode 0280
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Ernie_and_Bert_Sketches:_Apartment
press ctrl/strg and f and type then “drum”.

Here’s the sketch:

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:00PM EDT
Quote

@ gi97ol
0280 is the ‘going out to mail a letter’ one; the clip is from 0801 .

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:31PM EDT
Quote

Seems like another hand-drawn fad has popped up, you think it might be notable enough to cover?

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 11:14PM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 11:13PM EDT
Quote

VanManner wrote:

Seems like another hand-drawn fad has popped up, you think it might be notable enough to cover?

> X shakes Cola (コーラを振るだけ)

Oops, I overlooked this hand-drawn fad in niconico. Thanks, VanManner. It definitely deserves to have an entry even though this kind of fads is always so predictable. hahaha.

Here is the Trigger video: 【手描き】やらない夫がコーラを振るだけじゃなくなった【やっつけ】 / Posted on 10-22-2012

It was originally a shot bonus track in the author’s previous video.

The song used in this series is “HOT LIMIT Y&Co. Remix” by TM Revolution. (Sadly, no YouTube video)

There are about 480 videos tagged under “コーラを振るだけ” on NND.

Anyone can submit the entry by utilizing this info. I’m a little busy now.

Last edited Aug 26, 2013 at 11:29AM EDT
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:19AM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

This shout is the sound trademark of Hakata’s salt and has been on the air for many decades. This powerful, soulful and too macho shout is familiar to almost all Japanese people. So, the popularity of this shout in MAD resources on NND is originally based on its name value in real life.

search on NND sorted by views
http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E4%BC%AF%E6%96%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%A1%A9?sort=v
search on NND sorted by old date
http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E4%BC%AF%E6%96%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%A1%A9?sort=f&order=a
NND encyclopedia
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E4%BC%AF%E6%96%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%A1%A9

The shout of Hakata’s salt started to be reused in MADs around Nov 2008. From the search result on NND, this is because the hit of this MAD : Hakata’s per-salt cooking class




This was very rough and dirty work but made not a few MAD editors followers.

However, the immediate cause of its popularity on NND these days is the influence of 伯方さん(Hakata-san, or Salt-tan), the personification of Hakata’s salt made by Lamaze-P. Yes, this is Lamaze-P again.




search on NND sorted by views
http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E4%BC%AF%E6%96%B9%E3%81%95%E3%82%93?sort=v
search on NND sorted by old date
http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E4%BC%AF%E6%96%B9%E3%81%95%E3%82%93?sort=f&order=a
NND encyclopedia
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E4%BC%AF%E6%96%B9%E3%81%95%E3%82%93

This cute girl and its music enhanced the popularity of Hakata’s salt to whole NND users. (Yes, all NND user doesn’t like MADs.)

Hakata-san is characterized as “Hashitanai” (disgraceful) girl. So, she is almost naked and is wearing nothing but poncho. Hashitanai’s sound is made by editing and remixing from the word order of “Hakata no shio”.

Bumping this.
Is 伯方さん worhty of an entry, then?
I’ve seen many videos of the “dance”.

Aug 26, 2013 at 05:15PM EDT
Quote

We may want to keep our eyes on the popularity of Kantai Collection (艦隊これくしょん)/Kan Colle (艦これ); the characters have been showing up a bunch in MMD videos and there over 18k pieces of fan art on Pixiv.

There’s the moe anthropomorphism of battleships and the like (with a sea monster here and there) so not so much a subculture article but a little sub-entry in the Gijinka article.

Aug 26, 2013 at 07:01PM EDT
Quote

@Tomberry

> Hakata-san

I don’t feel Hakata-san enough impact to give her a single entry. Her popularity is inseparably-linked to a weird MAD fad for the TVCM. I think all what we need to do is to give her a sub section in Hakata’s salt entry as same as Ai Tenogoal in Battle Dome. That’s enough for her.

> Perfume Global

Perfume Global is the official project by the Japanese girls techno group Perfume, which aims to collaborate with innovative amateur or freelance creators.

This project has provided several motion capture files for CGI applications which are actual dancing by Perfume, and introduced some of well-made contributions on the web site.

These are so cool, but not neither an internet meme nor an online event. It’s just a successful commercial campaign.

On the other hand, those MMD and 3D dance videos tagged under “Perfume_Global” on YT or NND are made by just casting fully borrowed data into polygon dolls as same as other MMD fads. And due to its awfully convenient editing style, the MMD version has increased its amount.

As usual, MMD videos don’t have attractions enough to be mentioned.

Last edited Aug 27, 2013 at 05:19AM EDT
Aug 27, 2013 at 05:14AM EDT
Quote

Anyone00 wrote:

We may want to keep our eyes on the popularity of Kantai Collection (艦隊これくしょん)/Kan Colle (艦これ); the characters have been showing up a bunch in MMD videos and there over 18k pieces of fan art on Pixiv.

There’s the moe anthropomorphism of battleships and the like (with a sea monster here and there) so not so much a subculture article but a little sub-entry in the Gijinka article.

Yeah, the huge fandom for Kan-Colle is now growing up rapidly. Each Kan-Musu (Battleship Girl) are becoming to have additional characteristics / personalities in the fandom as same as other subcultures’ fan works.

FYI, there are Doujin artists and circles called “Doujin Hyaena”, which always join onto the bandwagon of the most popular title on a moment-to-moment. Some of them are attention whores, and the others pay attention to only the sales of their books on the Doujin market. Ironically, now all of them continues posting Kan-Colle illustrations after they abandoned Touhou Project or Idol Master Cinderella Girls.

They are totally idiots, but a good barometer of the trend in the Japanese Doujin market. hahaha.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:37AM EDT
Quote

http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E3%83%80%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A%E3%83%A2%E6%84%9F%E8%A6%9A

Why this is connected to Inmu?

Aug 30, 2013 at 03:05AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E3%83%80%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A%E3%83%A2%E6%84%9F%E8%A6%9A

Why this is connected to Inmu?

ダイナモ感覚!ダイナモ感覚!YO!YO!YO!YO!
ダイナモ感覚 means Dynamo Feeling and it was said by Japanese musician YOU THE ROCK★ in a live stage performance.
In addition, while ytr said it, NONA REEVES mentioned the title of his song “DJ DJ”. For Inmu-fags, it sounded like he had sexual feelings.

Aug 31, 2013 at 06:50AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E3%83%80%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A%E3%83%A2%E6%84%9F%E8%A6%9A

Why this is connected to Inmu?

> Dynamo Feeling or Dynamo Sense

Your post reminded me that I’ve been pending an article for this catch phrase since I haven’t found NSDR’s several twitter posts related to this meme yet.

@gi97ol
Hmm, I’ve never felt sexual nuance from NSDR’s murmur “DJ DJ・・・”.

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:28PM EDT
Quote

Hey people!
I have recently seen this one little pink fat bitch on my computer screen for so many times, that I thought it’s spread should be documented. He is exactly like Blockatiel, but even worse, because he has such an awesome facial expression, that makes me hate and like it for some reason.

http://i2.pixiv.net/img40/img/yurikyoudan/8272671_m.png

見せ られ ない よ! (english: I can’t show) is the phrase, that is showing this little thing called 自主規制君 (Self-Imposed restraint guy). This censoring guy is stemming from an anime called ハヤテのごとく! (Hayate the Combat Butler).

Last edited Sep 18, 2013 at 01:21PM EDT
Sep 18, 2013 at 01:18PM EDT
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

Hey people!
I have recently seen this one little pink fat bitch on my computer screen for so many times, that I thought it’s spread should be documented. He is exactly like Blockatiel, but even worse, because he has such an awesome facial expression, that makes me hate and like it for some reason.

http://i2.pixiv.net/img40/img/yurikyoudan/8272671_m.png

見せ られ ない よ! (english: I can’t show) is the phrase, that is showing this little thing called 自主規制君 (Self-Imposed restraint guy). This censoring guy is stemming from an anime called ハヤテのごとく! (Hayate the Combat Butler).

> Can’t Show This!

Yeah, it may be as same case as Blocktiel.

Wikipedia’s article calls him “Jishukisei-kun”.

This blog entry posted on May 12th, 2008 uploaded transparent png and gif images sampled from the anime. Several NND videos has been used him before these were uploaded. But I remember that Jishukisei-kun began to be often used in online parodies around 2008. I guess those parodies utilize the images in that blog entry.

These search results on illustrators communities have many pictures, but many of them are non-related sexual pictures.

For entry submission, we have to prepare the videos or screenshots of Jishukisei-kun appearing on the original anime. Does anyone know where is it?

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:06AM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

> Can’t Show This!

Yeah, it may be as same case as Blocktiel.

Wikipedia’s article calls him “Jishukisei-kun”.

This blog entry posted on May 12th, 2008 uploaded transparent png and gif images sampled from the anime. Several NND videos has been used him before these were uploaded. But I remember that Jishukisei-kun began to be often used in online parodies around 2008. I guess those parodies utilize the images in that blog entry.

These search results on illustrators communities have many pictures, but many of them are non-related sexual pictures.

For entry submission, we have to prepare the videos or screenshots of Jishukisei-kun appearing on the original anime. Does anyone know where is it?

I found out, that the first appearance of this little guy already happened in the first episode, when Hayate gets powerless after being hit by the car and creeping out the drivers.
The episode has been released in April 1, 2007 already… wait a sec… April 1st? xD haha
The little guy was drawn by the Animation Studio SynergySP.
I also know, that the guy has been disappeared, when the DVD version of the Anime came out.

Sep 20, 2013 at 04:12PM EDT
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

I found out, that the first appearance of this little guy already happened in the first episode, when Hayate gets powerless after being hit by the car and creeping out the drivers.
The episode has been released in April 1, 2007 already… wait a sec… April 1st? xD haha
The little guy was drawn by the Animation Studio SynergySP.
I also know, that the guy has been disappeared, when the DVD version of the Anime came out.

Thanks. I checked that scene on YouTube’s video.

This weblog uploads many comparison photos of TV version and DVD version.

As you may notice, Jisyukisei-kun has two purposes for appearing on the screen. One is to hide gore and sexual expressions under the TV’s “broadcasting codes”. The other is joke effect for emphasising parodies for other anime products as if it violates copyrights. Of course, He works as a metafictional joke in both cases.

The reason he sometimes disappears from the DVD version is the difference of gore and sexual expression guidelines between TV broadcasting and sell-through.

Sep 22, 2013 at 05:58PM EDT
Quote

BUMPING FOR UPDATE ON OTO MAD ACTIVITY

http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/のんのんびより(SPACE)音MAD

Take a look!

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:47AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

BUMPING FOR UPDATE ON OTO MAD ACTIVITY

http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/のんのんびより(SPACE)音MAD

Take a look!

Hmm, it seems Komari’s remark “Don’t call me Koma-chan!” is a popular phrase for MAD editors.

But.. I don’t feel much possibility for this anime as a MAD resource. Moreover, as shown by low results of this month’s MAD video contest, all TV animes in this season wouldn’t have a presence among MAD editors.

Oct 31, 2013 at 06:36AM EDT
Quote

John Constantine wrote:

This is cancer.

Nope, this is Giant Enemy Crab.

BTW, I have a question about McDonald’s in your country. We Japanese hear this sound from fryers at McDonald’s when french fries are up. Can this sound be also heard at McDonald’s in your country?

Strangely, this quite short music has been an audio resource for Japanese MAD videos…

Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 03:32PM EDT
Nov 01, 2013 at 03:18PM EDT
Quote

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!