Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

PS3 massive failure

Last posted Mar 04, 2010 at 08:31PM EST. Added Mar 01, 2010 at 10:10AM EST
18 posts from 14 users

Dropping a warning that we may be seeing submissions for memes relating to this massive issue of PS3 failures across the globe; already have seen some come references to "ApocalyPS3 Now" on various msg boards.

I'm not saying these are memes necessarily. Just that some may take them as such.

I came on here to post this, lol.

And unfortunately, disconnecting wifi apparently doesn't solve the problem, because the problem supposedly involves the system's internal clock, which on older models, tricked itself into thinking today was a leap day: February 29th. Which is why it started early last night (GMT for the lose), and unless Sony fixes it, it won't end until tonight.

And it should be watched, considering GameFAQs(a meme spawning pool) is freaking out about it. Could be some memetic material, but only time will tell.

Only old model fats were affected. Slims were fine. It seems to have fixed itself now, but if you WERE affected and booted up your PS3 and played a game with trophy support, you may have lost all your trophies for that game.

I have a slim but I haven't powered it on since I heard of this because A) I didn't have a reason to as there were no games I currently have the desire to play and B) It seemed too risky even though slims were supposedly unaffected.

And so apparently the PS3 issue has fixed itself. When the internal clock changes to March 1st all problems magically go away.

Now if only my Xbox 360 can fix its own RRoD… :(

Quote from Sony:

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.
We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.
Errors include:

• The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.

• When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.

• When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
trophies. Please exit your game.”

• When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”

• Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours.

In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Last edited Mar 02, 2010 at 04:05AM EST

Wii=Worst Games?

Have you fucking played the Wii version of Okami????

If you haven't, drop whatever you are doing and go to Gamestop, Gamecrazy or whatever and buy it now. That is an order.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!