Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,681 total conversations in 3,369 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Editor Request Thread

Last posted Sep 02, 2010 at 02:43AM EDT. Added Mar 03, 2010 at 12:18AM EST
41 posts from 29 users

Right now, we have 25 pages of submissions, growing every week. It’s a mess, and the admins can’t get through it fast enough, considering many entries lack info.

Ever since the multi-editor update, we’ve been able to have editors added to entries.

So, if you want to improve a bad entry, request it here. Hopefully, the admins will add you as an editor as soon as possible.

Mar 03, 2010 at 12:18AM EST

A thread of this importance needs to be stickied.

This is a growing pain the admins and Entry Mods have had to deal with for a long while. Hopefully, your help can help make the Submissions have lesser articles to deal with as we have plenty of other things to deal with on the site. Just make sure not to be a troll and destroy the entries or else you’ll get an instant permab&.

Thank you for your time. Have a good day.

Mar 03, 2010 at 12:23AM EST

Requesting a devoting editor for the “Can’t Break my Stride” entry.

Basically, all I need is a cleanup then I’ll add everything else needed then have an admin evaluate it.

Mar 14, 2010 at 04:07PM EDT

Requesting anyone who wants to help with any of my entries as I have been busy lately.

Mar 14, 2010 at 04:14PM EDT

I volunteer for “Can’t Break my Stride” as a derivitive adder, don’t give it to me w/o biotic’s permission.

Mar 14, 2010 at 04:30PM EDT

I’m vague on his exact words, but Chris explained to me that through the beginning of the Editors’ Feature, he was quick to add anyone as an editor to an article, but is now encouraging everyone to ask for the submitter’s permission rather than the admins.

Therefore, This thread is now requests for normal users to ask normal users for editing permissions.

Mar 14, 2010 at 05:37PM EDT

The “A winner is you” article is in dire need of editing. I know for a fact that it is a meme as it has appeared in video games, online games and forums all over the net, but unfortunately, it has been deadpooled due to it’s complete lack of information. I’d like to become an editor so that after I research the meme’s origin, usage, variations and development, I can edit the article and make it way better. Please consider this, as I really like the meme and would love to see it get confirmed.

Last edited Apr 08, 2010 at 08:18AM EDT
Apr 08, 2010 at 08:17AM EDT

I would ask but all the times i needed it really really bad have passed. Like the Lag meme, I requested some things that really woulda helped it but nobody listened and I couldnt do it myself so nevermind :/

Apr 17, 2010 at 07:58PM EDT

please please please review Airmoto’s entry, its definatly a meme(more then 5000 video resualts on Niconico Douga) and for some reason its there for a month without being confirmed.

Apr 19, 2010 at 08:24AM EDT

I would ask to be an Editor to “Deafsy”. The meme shows potential, and i have done some research but would like to add my findings as an Editor..Thus including The translation to her videos and etc..Thank you

Apr 22, 2010 at 08:58PM EDT

The “successful negro” meme needs better editors as well.
It needs more information and the grammar on it is bad. Also it should be a sub-meme to Advice Dog, it doesn’t show up as one. Just pointing it out since I am new to editing on this site.

Apr 26, 2010 at 06:59PM EDT

I would like to be added as an editor to boozecats so that I can research it and add more to the entry.

Jun 05, 2010 at 09:13PM EDT

I can contribute as an editor for any meme’s that need it.

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:34AM EDT

Can I be added as an editor to No, this is patrick!
I can’t just ask the entry-maker, as his account was deactivated.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/no-this-is-patrick

Jun 29, 2010 at 08:26AM EDT

Done, Christopher.

Jun 29, 2010 at 08:33AM EDT

anyone willing to take over this meme? http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/apple-hold-different ?

Jun 30, 2010 at 06:53AM EDT

Could I be added as an editor for “Chocolate Helicopters” so I could clean up the entry and add a couple more videos?

Jul 02, 2010 at 09:39PM EDT

Can I be added as an editor for http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/how-can-she-slap
The article is terribly written, just a few sentances.
I could make it at least 5 times better in about 5 minutes, I’ll fix it up.

Jul 09, 2010 at 10:37PM EDT

Pooya- I could help with that. I like to pride myself on tech knowledge. Memes and Apple combined – my greatest dream!

for admins’ sake, link: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/apple-hold-different

Jul 09, 2010 at 10:47PM EDT

Up to date with the last editor requests.

Jul 10, 2010 at 09:03AM EDT

If anyone could tell me what else I need for this article I will be glad to provide it. I’m a regular on Newgrounds and have all the information needed, but if someone will tell me what exactly I need to “clean up” I would be much appreciative.

The Sirtom93 Incident

Jul 11, 2010 at 03:34AM EDT

Could I be added as an editor for Wombo Combo? It’s deadpooled at the moment but it’s grown more popular in the last year.

Jul 15, 2010 at 09:23PM EDT

Done, DocOctagonapus.

Jul 15, 2010 at 09:48PM EDT

I want to be an editor of: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/antoine-dodson-bed-intruder

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:45AM EDT

I have contributed a lot in the comments section of the Bed Intruder meme and have suggesting lots of changes. Nothing gets done.

Aug 16, 2010 at 05:51PM EDT

@Hazz
I can’t see it if you don’t actually contact me.
It’s not like I get notified that people are commenting on my entries.

Aug 16, 2010 at 05:58PM EDT

This thread is no longer necessary. If you’d like to request editorship, you can do it directly on the entry page! Kbai-

Sep 02, 2010 at 02:43AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!