Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,525 total conversations in 3,347 threads

+ New Thread

Alternate story meme

Last posted Sep 07, 2009 at 06:33PM EDT. Added Sep 07, 2009 at 02:51PM EDT
6 posts from 5 users

It rocketed one a very popular thread on /b/ stated about a kid making a sandwich sees hears his father fall on the floor, and say “ohh my balls”

he tells how he got beat up and then at the end he just lols about it. In all caps btw.

It then got popular Alternate storys from anything and everything. Gravity, the father, a n----- in the wifes room, the n-----s balls, a pizza man outside, the sandwich the kid was making.

Last edited Jan 10, 2010 at 09:51PM EST
Sep 07, 2009 at 02:51PM EDT

Well we’re gonna need some links or screenhots.

Actually, how can this be a meme?

Telling stories from different points of views has been around since literature.

Sep 07, 2009 at 02:54PM EDT

He’s talking about an epic thread done in /b/ but I agree with you, Blubber, that it can’t be considered a meme. I’m gonna upload it and it’s gonna be a big pic and NSFW and I’m sorry for that. Prepare.

Sep 07, 2009 at 03:12PM EDT

Never mind. It ends up small on this forum, so I’ll just give you the link to the image and you can zoom in on it.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/cf/Stairs_POV.gif

Sep 07, 2009 at 03:12PM EDT

What was happening in the archived thread was memetic, but by its self, it is just an epic thread. It’s not a meme since it was just a conversation.
But if you can find other instances where this same POV-switching ocurred, even if it’s just a rehash of the same story, then we’re talking about a meme.

Sep 07, 2009 at 06:33PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!