Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Reaction Faces

Last posted May 15, 2010 at 12:24PM EDT. Added May 15, 2010 at 12:27AM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

Hey guys, I'm planning to make an article about Reaction Faces in general as I believe that the practice itself is a meme instead of just individual reaction faces like Massimo d'Alema's dismayed expression and Xzibit's gleeful smile.

You see, my reason for believing that this deserves documentation is because it is a commonality found only on the internet, mostly on image-sharing sites such as 4chan where I believe the practice originated.

The derivatives of this meme, of course, come in the form of the faces themselves. By personal experience, I'm sure most, if not, all of you will agree that there are enough examples of these available on the web (see: The reaction face thread for a few examples) so popularity is completely evident enough.

What do you guys think? Should I make the article or is it unneeded as Reaction Faces aren't really article-worthy because they aren't memes (if not, please explain why)?

The only issue I see is that reaction faces are not a part of 4chan, but more universal.

edit
Yeah I know, not proven yet, but still, just because I post a reaction face, does not make it any way related to 4chan.

Last edited May 15, 2010 at 12:27PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!