Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Trip-fagging

Last posted Jun 20, 2010 at 03:47AM EDT. Added Jun 19, 2010 at 10:32PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

I'll keep it short and sweet. Is it a meme? Obviously it'd be a sub-meme to 4chan ,but I've lurked a lot (for a long time) and trip fags are a HUGE part of anonymous, or, rather, anti-anonymous. There's list of trip fags and their tier for each board, comics, jokes, they're featured in exploitables, ect. I would like to do an entry…finally, but am curious if this has the meat and spread to make it a full-fledged meme.

Well, tripcodes are a function built into the site and are described in the FAQ. http://www.4chan.org/faq#trip

Although the description of tripcodes can be spread from mind to mind, the functionality cannot.

I just don't see the purpose in looking at a tripcode as a meme. I mean, you could scour the web for mentions of tripcodes on other sites in an attempt to gauge the spread. But why would you want to?

Yeah, what Chris said. The "fag as a suffix" as already got its own entry. But, the tripcode itself is just a tool for websites, unless if people are deliberately misusing it for a peculiar purpose but even there, I'm not so sure where the meme can lie down.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!