Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

New Kind of Trolling on 4chan.

Last posted Jul 11, 2010 at 01:13AM EDT. Added Jul 09, 2010 at 06:44PM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it, where it came from, other versions… You know, that kind of stuff.
Here's a few of the versions that I've seen on 4chan so far, although I'm going to do more digging into it later.
From what I've seen, it is mostly used with athiest/christian arguements (mostly as bait at the start of a thread to try and start the arguement)
And it is used just to make no sense and to mock the others using it, as in the last two.

This particular image was made specifically to confuse and annoy other people who use these in threads.

Last edited Jul 09, 2010 at 07:28PM EDT

What would you call it though?
"X, If…" & "Hey, X" & "X, since" are all different examples of the same thing.

I suppose your examples are partially variants of "loaded questions," but they just seem to be questions covering a variety of logical fallacies. I wouldn't know because I haven't been browsing 4Chan recently.

Last edited Jul 09, 2010 at 07:45PM EDT

Yeah, it would be really hard to make a title for this type of thing, as there are so many variations of it.

Does anyone happen to know what board this originated from, or what it's mostly used on?

I mostly see it on /b/, but that's because I don't go on the other letters as much.

Note: Normally followed by something like this
Christians: 0
Atheists : 9000 +1

Last edited Jul 11, 2010 at 10:00PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!