Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Lebron James' Decision : memetic enough ?

Last posted Jul 15, 2010 at 12:49PM EDT. Added Jul 15, 2010 at 11:28AM EDT
5 posts from 5 users

Last 8th of July, Lebron James has had a 1 hour long TV interview on ESPN channel.
From many articles on the web, nearly 10 million people were watching it, holding their breath.

Entitled "The Decision", it was about Lebron's decision to join another Basketball team and he eventually said he will join the Miami Heat.

I'm not much of a Basketball fan but it seems there has been a great mainstream "drama" going on about it.
What I can see, as a result, it that many videos parodies of the decision began to appear on the web :

The same day the interview happened, a bunch of Downfall parodies only centred on the event were made with viewcounts growing from 70 to 60 000 views.
As for now, I've seen about 8 different DownFall videos about it.

They seem to be used to translate the fan's disappointment.

I've also seen a parody where Lebron announces that he is gay (9th of July)

The same day, the Old Spice man made a spoof of Lebron's decision :

And finally a College Humor parody from the 8th of July.

Is it too mainstream of an event anyway ?

Last edited Jul 15, 2010 at 11:47AM EDT

I dunno, there are a few irl parodies, but looking at what you have, it's clear that a ton of jokes were made online. But my favorite joke about it was Jon Stewart's parody.

Here's a different news article on the same:
http://www.celebjihad.com/celeb-jihad/lebron-james-to-join-team-jacob

Last edited Jul 15, 2010 at 11:57AM EDT

Yeah, I think we could definitely use an entry on this. Kenyatta and I were talking about it a couple of days ago. Even if it might be sort of a spike, there's a good chance that some of this will stick around for a while.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!