Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Cyber police?

Last posted Jul 26, 2010 at 04:01PM EDT. Added Jul 23, 2010 at 12:20AM EDT
9 posts from 5 users

Well I know it would be related to dun goof, but you know I think the Cyber police part was pretty funny and meme like too, and I've seen a few references to it.

Still gonna say wait on it, but should be interesting to talk about.

Last edited Jul 23, 2010 at 12:21AM EDT

The whole Jessi Slaughter thing has spawned a plethora of sub-memes (brain slushsie, you dun goof'd, stop drop and troll, operation /b/ipolar). Who can say how many of them deserve separate attention?

You should back-trace it – work out where he got the idea of the Cyber Police. It would make an interesting insight into the beliefs people have about the net. My guess is he watched a movie or something. It would be interesting to know: the consequences will never be the same.

Google----→ Internet kill switch…

"Internet 'Kill Switch' Approved By Senate Homeland Security Committee"

"The Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs has approved a cybersecurity bill, Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act (PCNAA), that would give the president far-reaching authority over the Internet in the case of emergency.

As The Hill explains, the bill, sponsored by Sens. Joe Lieberman, Susan Collins, and Tom Carper, would give the president "emergency authority to shut down private sector or government networks in the event of a cyber attack capable of causing massive damage or loss of life." The original bill granted the president the authority to "indefinitely" shut down networks, but an amendment to the PCNAA, approved yesterday, mandates that the president "get Congressional approval after controlling a network for 120 days."

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!