Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

An American Response to Japanese Ero-Anime

Last posted Aug 16, 2010 at 03:56PM EDT. Added Aug 14, 2010 at 03:32PM EDT
21 posts from 14 users

[WARNING : VERY POTENTIAL NSFW CONTENT HERE]

Okay, I've just stumbled upon that thing which seems to have gone relatively viral lately.

There has been a Youtube video of a reaction from a guy watching 3 videos named "Boku 01", "Boku 02" and "Boku 03" sent by one of his friends.
He basically recorded his hilarious commentary toward what he found out the videos were.
The video itself shows pictures and animated bits from those videos (while slightly NSFW, everything is censored) and has then been deleted due to infrightment of the Youtube terms of use.

It has been reposted to Vimeo as well

An American’s Response to Japanese Ero-Anime from Rotaku on Vimeo.

As far as I know, some forums and, especially, Western Otaku website Sankaku Complex (caution : NSFW link) made a big article about it because the video has also been reposted on Nico Nico Douga on the 12th of August, gathering more than 566 000 views.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE CLICKING THE LINKS

Boku no Pico I, II, III (the real titles from the 3 videos respectively) are a series of explicit hentai genre videos specialized in the shotacon sub-genre of it. In it, very young boys (drawn way under the age of 18, even looking like girls => traps) are… well, explicitely involved in sexual intercourses.

I won't comment on the disturbing nature of having drawn "children" being represented like that and the debate that can ensue.

What I can tell, however, is that the reaction video seems to go through a viral fame somehow.

I wonder if there is something to it and if a meme can emerge..

Last edited Aug 14, 2010 at 04:31PM EDT

That man is totally right.

Seriously that's some gross-ass shit.

I mean, if I was an animator, who worked all my life trying to make art and finally got a job, I'd be really happy. But, if one day my boss came in and said "YOU! TODAY YOU WILL ANIMATE UNDERAGE BOYS WHO LOOK LIKE UNDERAGE GIRLS!" I would be disappointed at first, but hey, I'd animate it because work is work after all. But when the boss would come back in and scream "OH YES, I FORGOT, THEY HAVE TO FUCK. I WANT YOU TO ANIMATE UNDERAGE LADY-BOY GAY FUCKING." Then, THEN I would just kill myself right then and there.

It deeply saddens me that I live in a world where not only can studios get away with that sort of thing by using the old "dun wurry guise, they are just young looking for the legal age of consent in your country" excuse, but that people legitimately get their rocks off to that shit.

But I digress.

That video definitely seems to have some serious views and could very well become a notable internet meme, if not here, then on the eastern web.

I guess so, but if you're going to be a pedophile do something about it. Don't just watch the japanese animate it. Do something about it.

Then you can go to jail, and get beaten to death by your biker cell-mate who killed 18 men and EVEN HE thinks you are the scum of the earth.

Last edited Aug 14, 2010 at 09:58PM EDT

From comments on NND videos, NND users are just laughing at "gaijin" screaming strangely and their reactions don't mind what he insists.

Moreover, his "Yooooo!" shouting is now being reused in MADs named "Raging American series" (激怒するアメリカ人シリーズ, Gekido suru America Jin Sirizu).

http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E7%99%BA%E7%8B%82%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B%E3%82%A2%E3%83%A1%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AB%E4%BA%BA%E3%82%B7%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA

I don't think he will become popular MADs' resource on NND. But it seems that he is a laughingstock for some NND users now.

For your information, it's not special or abnormal situation in Japanese hentai comics (even in normal comics) that underage boys look like underage girls are fucking.

So, neither this anime nor its gay fucking situation itself are a meme or anything special in Japan.

@Captain Blubber

NO U!

But any how I say we wait on this, I mean its everything that comes to mind when I think of anime, but Still too soon to say.

Last edited Aug 15, 2010 at 02:18AM EDT

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THIS SHIT????
(the video, not the anime)
IT WAS THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited Aug 15, 2010 at 01:53PM EDT

Even if the reaction isn't "natural", you can't deny the laughingstock that can come from it.
Interesting to know that it was first a post from an hip-hop forum. I guess I can now understand the "one of my white friends" thing.
So, another guy who stumbled upon it made a reading of it, got recorded (I think we can hear two people in the recording) and it surfaced in August because it has been picked by NDD people.
It may be lame but damn, this is very close to becoming a phenomenon on its own.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!