Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

I'm A Stealth Clown

Last posted Aug 28, 2010 at 11:26PM EDT. Added Aug 17, 2010 at 10:16PM EDT
13 posts from 6 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

This meme is widespread in the call of duty community.. so many times has it been referenced and/or talked about on youtube. There are literally pages upon pages of it. If there are some call of duty players here you might know but even if you aren't one I would request you to check it out and help me confirm it.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/im-a-stealth-clown

Not a meme… I don't even know how you thought it was a meme…

If it was seems to be forced… But still it's not a meme, I've never heard anyone say it or seen a legit image macro.

Last edited Aug 18, 2010 at 10:03PM EDT

how could i have not thought it was a meme.. it's not forced at all really, not by me at least, and it's not an image macro it's on youtube.. it's just like other memes.. such as RAMIREZ, thats from a game and the only way you'd get it is if you play mw2..

Did any of you read my article? It explains a lot of this, and shows what its confined to.

Basically it's just the Call of Duty community, and only really relates to C.O.D., like the Ramirez Do Everything meme.

Please please stop self-bumping your own thread.

Anyway, I'll look into it after I finish this book that I have to read before school starts tomorrow.

For now, be patient, and look at the great entries that are over a year old and haven't been confirmed yet.

If you get bored, find another interesting meme and submit it to the database. Or you could participate in the forums. There's a lot to do here so have fun. :)

K. Just some notes (btw, these are my opinions, and I'm very picky, so feel free to ignore me):

On the entry itself:
-Headings are a bit big. "h1" headings should be "h2" for most entries (except for a few exceptions).

- type "bq." to make a block quote (for one paragraph) or use blockquote html for any large quotes you have in the entry.
Like so:

“Without even realizing, I went up and I posted up to the first cover point and I’m picking guys off and they’re running by and I’m picking them off, and I’m like ‘How are these guys not seeing me?’ And I realized as I’m fighting that I’m standing in front of a clown, that it’s supposed to be the ‘You have to be this high to ride there’ but my head just happened to be where the clown’s head should be, so I’m using that as perfect cover. And so their sight lines, they’re running through and they’re like ‘Oh it’s just a clown, it’s fine’ but I have my gun posted up there on his hand, like just picking guys off and I love that because it was a perfect moment of like, they have no clue I’m even here, I’m, I’m a stealth clown.”
~ Robert Bowling

- Get rid of the "hmm ^" after "What’s odd about this video is that it was released before the official video was." unless you're still actively researching that part. If possible, find out how that person released the video earlier than the "official video" (I'm guessing it was released on "Inside Xbox" b4 it was released on Youtube). Also get condense the "many, many, many many many more" to simply "many more" or "many, many more"

- "Official video" is unclear. It makes it sound like there is an "official" video dedicated to the phrase "stealth clown" made by Infinity Ward. Change to "the original Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Map Pack" video.

- Say which Encyclopedia Dramatica article referenced Stealth Clown, but don't link to it unless you mark it as Very NSFW

Other notes:

-A good deal of derivatives, but no video with a ton of views.

-In the scheme of inside jokes (in this case, an inside joke within the Video game, and even more specifically, the CoD community) this one doesn't seem that big. The exact phrase, "Stealth Clown" brings up about 43,000 results on Google for me, which doesn't strike me as huge.

-"Remember me?/MBD" requires people to understand the original joke, but it spawned a YTP meme that encouraged people to understand the joke and produce their own derivatives. The same is true for Ramirez, which has its own Memegenerator entry. Stealth Clown just seems like an isolated inside joke between CoD players to me ¯\(°_o)/¯

-Interest in Stealth Clown peaked a couple months ago, but wasn't that huge, so its potential may have already been used up.

Still a well-written entry tho.

Anywho, those are just my opinions.

TL;DR normally I'd send you this in a PM, but since you created a thread completely dedicated to evaluating your entry, I'm taking advantage of it.

Last edited Aug 28, 2010 at 07:00PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!