Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
California Police Warn Parents of Pedobear

Last posted Sep 15, 2010 at 06:05AM EDT. Added Sep 12, 2010 at 06:48PM EDT
37 posts from 19 users

I wanted to post the two photos of two-page Public Safety Information Bulletin: "A Seemingly Innocent Menace: An Introduction to PEDO BEAR," but no more pedobear additions are allowed. This is too good to be true and needs to be added to the meme that just keeps renewing itself. The link to the site that houses the Bulletin is: http://gawker.com/5636011/stupid-california-police-warn-parents-of-pedobear-the-pedophile-mascot

It's amazing how clueless some people are about internet memes, like Oprah with "Over 9000" or that woman who didn't understand the "Pool's Closed" sign and thought it was racist. I don't blame them though, it's mostly a generation thing.

But seriously, that's what Know Your Meme is for.

Last edited Sep 12, 2010 at 07:26PM EDT

A lot of us over 30s (and for me that is stretching it a long way) have been passing Internet Memes around for sometime now. In fact there were even less people who knew what ascii art was or how a thread dies when the word Hilter is used than there are people who now know who Pedobear is. But then, there are plenty of people who get on the Internet now who still don't know who Pedobear is. Meme humor isn't for everybody. Some people, myself included, think it is wonderfully clever and hilarious and some people would find it down right silly. Age isn't a prerequisite.

BRUOU?B, besides the MSNBC reference, there is more on the Daily Mail. I suspect that the sheriff's office took down the warning once they realized how foolish the warning was. Check the original link: http://gawker.com/5636011/stupid-california-police-warn-parents-of-pedobear-the-pedophile-mascot because there is a clip from the TV newscast. It may be hard to believe. I thought the same when I received a warning about LSD laced tattoos from my school system, but there the silly warning was in my hands.

Especially in Sweatie's bedroom.

Now, would someone go sacrifice 10 IQ points to go through the YouTube comments?

"workk it girlss!!!!! gooooo autumnn!!!!!!! love youu baby girl!!!!! this groupp of girls is ah-mazinggg!!!!!!"

That comment got a lot of thumb-ups, btw.

"That little blonde in the middle, at the end, should have been in the middle the whole time! She was fierce!"

lulz

"i think that these girls should be praised for the skills that each of them posses. They are all amazing dancers, obviously, and this could one day become a career. They were taught this routine and they overcame the challenge, and I think people have made this video into a bigger deal then it potentially was. GOOD JOB GIRLS. hope the controversy feeding from this video makes you famous."

Woot make a career out of it, face palm.

Last edited Sep 14, 2010 at 06:23PM EDT

Yo! You must login or signup first!