Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,409 total conversations in 3,331 threads

+ New Thread

Lrn 2 Research!

Last posted Oct 04, 2010 at 09:14AM EDT. Added Oct 03, 2010 at 01:31PM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

Hey guys, I’m currently researching a well known online catchphrase called Lrn 2 X or simply lrn2X.

I’m pretty sure a lot of you has heard of this phrase and for those of you who haven’t, it’s a phrase used for trolling other online users of something they cannot or should have done.

Often times, it is used in LOLspeak like so:

Though, this isn’t going to be an easy meme to research because of the common reoccurrence of the regular version of the phrase, Learn to. Even Learn 2 is somewhat of a problematic phrase. Though problematic, I can still use these other versions as examples of how the phrase isn’t really all that original of a phrase.

I’ll need all the help I can get. To those of you who know a thing or two about this internet catchphrase, please step forward and let me know. Much obliged.

Oct 03, 2010 at 01:31PM EDT

So you’re differentiating between Lrn 2 and Learn to?

Oct 03, 2010 at 03:37PM EDT

Yes. The bastardization of the word “learn” is one of the major factors of the meme so it must be duly noted that the two variations of the phrase should not be confused.

Oct 03, 2010 at 03:41PM EDT

lrnto+1 on this research

At worst, this will be marked as a chanspeak, but if you can find some examples about outside sauce…

Oct 03, 2010 at 10:51PM EDT

If I might add, the phrase is (from what I have seen / heard) “L2 X”. It is also heavily used in games like WoW, mostly when people make mistakes in raids or battle grounds. This could be a derivative of the original lrn2 x… more research is needed though :P

Oct 04, 2010 at 09:14AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!