Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

barbie.avi

Last posted Nov 01, 2010 at 12:00PM EDT. Added Oct 30, 2010 at 08:53PM EDT
7 posts from 2 users

I'm looking into a textual/video creepypasta "meme" involving this 90's woman who is being interviewed in a bare room, but the sound is staticy and distorted.

First Video

It evolved past that when /x/ got a hold of it, as shown here:http://4chanarchive.org/brchive/dspl_thread.php5?thread_id=2283878&x=Creepypasta3A+barbie.avi

Does anybody have amy info on it, like where the video came from, or the spread on /x/? It seems popular, getting over 1 million hits on google.

I can offer a bit of hindsight concerning the French Anonymous community.
An equivalent of that peculiar creepypasta was posted on Underfoule's (French Anons) /b/ board around the end of summer 2009. The story was pretty much the same as the 4chan's /x/ one, unless the OP posted some screenshots instead of direct links to the videos and he said the woman's full name was "Séverine Barbie". The story went on the same way, with fictional clues leading to an abandoned building in the middle of a forest, and him giving "real time" indications via phone up to the climax when it ended up as some kind of an Underfoule's version of "Bel-Air".

That event became interesting enough there to have some kind of wikipedia page written about it. Unfortunetaly, their wikipedia is down at the moment.
They also tried to troll some other French forums (at least one with teenagers in it) with that story.
A few French Anons at that time were saying that the video came from some horror movie but I don't really remember any useful lead about it.

I'm trying to find any trailer or screenshots from that peculiar scene from 1992 film Albert Souffre but I can't find any. It seems to be an obscure enough French film which DVD version doesn't exist at all.

I haven't seen that pasta anywhere else on the French web and I don't think we even started it…

Underfoule's wiki page is no longer down.
The Séverine Barbie one is simply a copypasta of the creepypasta, with a precise date : Posted in July the 28th 2009.
There is also a link to the videos but meh, it doesn't seem to work.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!