30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

300M get by France on 4chan

Last posted Jan 07, 2011 at 08:48AM EST. Added Jan 04, 2011 at 01:37PM EST
18 posts from 8 users

4chan planning to raid French websites?
Operation "Onion"?
Is it for real?

For now, aside from the Noelistes saying "we didn't do it!" and grown-up Underfoule fearing for an incoming raid, there isn't really anything yet.

I'm writing it in Meme research because if it does happen, then there will be something to write about it I guess.
If not, then this thread will need to be moved to General/JFF.

Last edited Jan 04, 2011 at 01:43PM EST

Edit: Actually, the thread is still up and active right now.
/b/ has become the cesspool of French threads over and over…

Last edited Jan 04, 2011 at 01:50PM EST

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=operation%20onion

Tomberry: Now we can get something different when we use "I'm Feeling Lucky" for French Military Victories on Google.

@Everyone Else
France has one of the best military records, actually.

Maybe it wasn't as intense as PUDDI PUDDI or things like that but that 4chan.fr/french 4chan was somewhat enjoyable.
Too bad if it was only a flash in the pan.

Tomberry wrote:

4chan planning to raid French websites?
Operation "Onion"?
Is it for real?

For now, aside from the Noelistes saying "we didn't do it!" and grown-up Underfoule fearing for an incoming raid, there isn't really anything yet.

I'm writing it in Meme research because if it does happen, then there will be something to write about it I guess.
If not, then this thread will need to be moved to General/JFF.

Ok, I'm very painfully translating that article.

4chan declared war on France: "Destroy their websites" (Wrote by Aude Baron)

On January 4th, 4chan declared war on France.

Name of the operation: "Onion"
Objective: "To destroy French websites."

The members of 4chan are enraged. It must be said that the French have played a great move. The 300M GET on 4chan on Tuesday, expected as the Messiah (It really says that) represents the French Flag. It's a slap in the face to 4chan users, who are mostly American. 4chan users have created a lot of buzz on the internets, for example, popularizing Lolcats.

Soon after the GET, hundreds of flame messages against France were posted, usually "Fuck France" Within minutes, 4chan becomes France's sworn enemy.

Declaration of War:

The members of 4chan, who call themselves "Anonymous", call to raid French Government websites, with a cry of "Prepare for Operation Onion". Also, raids on the French Wikipedia have been planned by "trolls". Anonymous is enthusiastic.

The main target is the English page of the French Army. Wikipedia archives show that the page is altered several times a minute, since this afternoon. Vandals try to replace "Army" with "Army of Niggers"

Others are planning to launch Denial-of-Service attacks on French sites, to make them unaccessable, or even ban French IPs from 4chan for a month.

Some merely laugh, joking that "The French finally won something" as seen in this image.

The French counterattack

Some French are resisting and are doing well. Though English is the main language on 4chan, they are trying to impose the language of Molière, though not without difficulty…

Although there is war, there is no other attack or "Operation Onion" in sight. However, if you go to jhabiteavecdescons.com, you are redirected to the Government Portal!

Note: "J'habite avec des cons" means "I live with cunts"

No matter what, remain vigilant: "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Last edited Jan 06, 2011 at 02:23PM EST

Well thanks RG but is there any followup to that?
As far as I can tell, aside from some French articles about France as being "humiliated" once again by foreigners on Internet and the fact those articles haven't understood a thing at all of what 4chan is, I haven't seen anything yet with France as a potential meme, or a raid coming out of it.
I mean, I don't even know why this thread has over 10 000 views anyway if there isn't going to be something at the end.

Tomberry wrote:

Well thanks RG but is there any followup to that?
As far as I can tell, aside from some French articles about France as being "humiliated" once again by foreigners on Internet and the fact those articles haven't understood a thing at all of what 4chan is, I haven't seen anything yet with France as a potential meme, or a raid coming out of it.
I mean, I don't even know why this thread has over 10 000 views anyway if there isn't going to be something at the end.

I doubt that there will be a followup, but the GET will probably be infamous for months.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!