Forums / Meme Research

20,473 total conversations in 3,313 threads

+ New Thread


Lemonparty on the Daily Show

Last posted May 12, 2011 at 10:51PM EDT. Added May 10, 2011 at 11:59AM EDT
12 conversations with 6 participants

Jon Stuart mentioned (And had small Google breaks for his viewers to look it up within) Both Lemonparty and Santorum (Which I’m assuming is another shock something). Does anyone suspect it will create spikes in searches, or will we need to post it in the Shock Site Article. I think this could even go in the Family Guy Effect, as Lemonparty has gotten quite old. What do you think?

May 10, 2011 at 11:59AM EDT
Quote

Its a pretty good political party, I highly recommend voting for them.

lol santorum.

Last edited May 10, 2011 at 12:44PM EDT
May 10, 2011 at 12:20PM EDT

At last, you are showing that you can totally create interesting posts on this forum!
Carry on, please! Don’t let yourself wander in the depths of unfunnyness/cheezburgerness again like your arrival here and your previous posts, I beg you.

May 10, 2011 at 02:51PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

Jon Stuart mentioned (And had small Google breaks for his viewers to look it up within) Both Lemonparty and Santorum (Which I’m assuming is another shock something). Does anyone suspect it will create spikes in searches, or will we need to post it in the Shock Site Article. I think this could even go in the Family Guy Effect, as Lemonparty has gotten quite old. What do you think?

Daily Show doesn’t factor into the Family Guy effect however, as Daily Show is actually pretty current, and has mentioned many memes over the years that remained popular long after the shows, aka Keyboard Cat. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. If the Daily Show mentions it, it’ll grow in popularity.

May 10, 2011 at 02:55PM EDT
Quote

Oh, ok. Does this mean we should post it in the Lemonparty/Shock Site page?

May 10, 2011 at 02:57PM EDT
Quote

Actually, the Family Guy effect is a myth that have been discussed many times here.
Family Guy also provokes growth in popularity, even if it’s temporary.

Last edited May 10, 2011 at 03:02PM EDT
May 10, 2011 at 02:59PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

Actually, the Family Guy effect is a myth that have been discussed many times here.
Family Guy also provokes growth in popularity, even if it’s temporary.

Like Surfin’ Bird! Although that may be a meme that originated from Family Guy.

May 10, 2011 at 03:03PM EDT
Quote

I think people that hate a meme just because more people than they know understand it are cunts.If a meme becomes a meme, its already mainstream. Too bad for you hipsterfags, who have no memes, only inside jokes, deal with it.

But back on topic.

Do we really have to post every show that mentions a meme? Once internet memes start fueling media a bit more the list will is gonna go on forever. I say KYM should only mention shows that were important in a memes history, such as being apart of the creative process, or helping it spread in a crucial time, not just mentioning the meme at any given time.

TL:DR, no.

Last edited May 10, 2011 at 04:03PM EDT
May 10, 2011 at 03:56PM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I think people that hate a meme just because more people than they know understand it are cunts.If a meme becomes a meme, its already mainstream. Too bad for you hipsterfags, who have no memes, only inside jokes, deal with it.

But back on topic.

Do we really have to post every show that mentions a meme? Once internet memes start fueling media a bit more the list will is gonna go on forever. I say KYM should only mention shows that were important in a memes history, such as being apart of the creative process, or helping it spread in a crucial time, not just mentioning the meme at any given time.

TL:DR, no.

This could help the meme spread. It’s bringing Lemonparty to the more adult audience.

[Although let’s hope it is an adult audience that has to view it.]

Last edited May 10, 2011 at 11:55PM EDT
May 10, 2011 at 11:55PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

This could help the meme spread. It’s bringing Lemonparty to the more adult audience.

[Although let’s hope it is an adult audience that has to view it.]

NO, ZOIDBERG, WHY?!
You jinxed it.
Now we are all doomed to otherwise unintended viewers of this now-famous shock site.
All hope is lost.

May 12, 2011 at 06:43AM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

This could help the meme spread. It’s bringing Lemonparty to the more adult audience.

[Although let’s hope it is an adult audience that has to view it.]

NO, ZOIDBERG, WHY?!
You jinxed it.
Now we are all doomed to otherwise unintended viewers of this now-famous shock site.
All hope is lost.

May 12, 2011 at 06:44AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!