Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

25,177 total conversations in 3,438 threads

+ New Thread


Rage Comics

Last posted May 31, 2011 at 06:53AM EDT. Added May 16, 2011 at 06:01PM EDT
21 posts from 11 users

Hi KYM,

I’d like to discuss the possibility of adding a Rage Comics entry to the database. I know Rageguy is there and numerous other rage characters but what about a general entry for rage comics, since they are more than their characters?

What do you think?

May 16, 2011 at 06:01PM EDT
Quote

Yes this is really needed.

May 19, 2011 at 01:35PM EDT
Quote

Good Idea.
Speaking of which, I see a trend within Rage comics where the word “le” is used.
EXAMPLE:
“le me and girlfriend on bed”
“le click”
“le teacher comes in”
Why and what does it imply? Are the French easier to enrage? Trolls are French? Did Rage comics originate from France (FML if it does)?

Last edited May 19, 2011 at 03:56PM EDT
May 19, 2011 at 03:55PM EDT
Quote

Not to mention how people are referred to in Rage Comics:
Derppy
Derpo
Herpa Darp
Derpette
Derppetta

etc…

May 19, 2011 at 04:41PM EDT
Quote

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

Good Idea.
Speaking of which, I see a trend within Rage comics where the word “le” is used.
EXAMPLE:
“le me and girlfriend on bed”
“le click”
“le teacher comes in”
Why and what does it imply? Are the French easier to enrage? Trolls are French? Did Rage comics originate from France (FML if it does)?

I’m guessing that’s the origin of the “le…”

May 20, 2011 at 08:34AM EDT
Quote

Trick Lobo wrote:

Not to mention how people are referred to in Rage Comics:
Derppy
Derpo
Herpa Darp
Derpette
Derppetta

etc…

and don’t forget “derping in the office” etc.

May 20, 2011 at 08:36AM EDT
Quote

Sav wrote:

and don’t forget “derping in the office” etc.

and ‘derping around with girlfriend’
Seriously, who and whose girlfriend would want to go around making funny-a$$ faces? LOL.

May 20, 2011 at 08:49AM EDT
Quote

Perhaps Rage Comics could be classified as a Rageguy sub-meme. It does seem like the first rage comic was the one who introduced Rageguy.

May 21, 2011 at 11:31PM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

Perhaps Rage Comics could be classified as a Rageguy sub-meme. It does seem like the first rage comic was the one who introduced Rageguy.

I think it would work better vice versa. that is, rageguy as a sub-meme of rage comics

May 22, 2011 at 07:22AM EDT
Quote

Sorry for not beeing on the subject … I’ve started a game project that all of you would like.. (watch the clip)

at the moment I am the only one working on it, any talent that would want to contribute will be welcomed…

Thank you

May 22, 2011 at 10:50AM EDT
Quote

The /v/ rage happened in 2008, actually.

May 22, 2011 at 04:09PM EDT
Quote

thewhatTF wrote:

Sorry for not beeing on the subject … I’ve started a game project that all of you would like.. (watch the clip)

at the moment I am the only one working on it, any talent that would want to contribute will be welcomed…

Thank you

Nice job! Looks like a meme version of Worms.

May 22, 2011 at 04:58PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

The /v/ rage happened in 2008, actually.

Serious? I could have swore I saw it in 07.

May 22, 2011 at 07:06PM EDT
Quote

I just found out that this was the very first rage comic:

so, can we say that /v/ rage was a precursor to rageguy?

May 31, 2011 at 06:53AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!