Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

25,617 total conversations in 3,506 threads

+ New Thread

Rage Comics

Last posted May 31, 2011 at 06:53AM EDT. Added May 16, 2011 at 06:01PM EDT
21 posts from 11 users

Hi KYM,

I’d like to discuss the possibility of adding a Rage Comics entry to the database. I know Rageguy is there and numerous other rage characters but what about a general entry for rage comics, since they are more than their characters?

What do you think?

Good Idea.
Speaking of which, I see a trend within Rage comics where the word “le” is used.
EXAMPLE:
“le me and girlfriend on bed”
“le click”
“le teacher comes in”
Why and what does it imply? Are the French easier to enrage? Trolls are French? Did Rage comics originate from France (FML if it does)?

Last edited May 19, 2011 at 03:56PM EDT

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

Good Idea.
Speaking of which, I see a trend within Rage comics where the word “le” is used.
EXAMPLE:
“le me and girlfriend on bed”
“le click”
“le teacher comes in”
Why and what does it imply? Are the French easier to enrage? Trolls are French? Did Rage comics originate from France (FML if it does)?

I’m guessing that’s the origin of the “le…”

Trick Lobo wrote:

Not to mention how people are referred to in Rage Comics:
Derppy
Derpo
Herpa Darp
Derpette
Derppetta

etc…

and don’t forget “derping in the office” etc.

Fridge wrote:

Perhaps Rage Comics could be classified as a Rageguy sub-meme. It does seem like the first rage comic was the one who introduced Rageguy.

I think it would work better vice versa. that is, rageguy as a sub-meme of rage comics

Sorry for not beeing on the subject … I’ve started a game project that all of you would like.. (watch the clip)

at the moment I am the only one working on it, any talent that would want to contribute will be welcomed…

Thank you

thewhatTF wrote:

Sorry for not beeing on the subject … I’ve started a game project that all of you would like.. (watch the clip)

at the moment I am the only one working on it, any talent that would want to contribute will be welcomed…

Thank you

Nice job! Looks like a meme version of Worms.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!