Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,853 total conversations in 3,396 threads

+ New Thread


Sticky Sticky Featured Featured
Need the name of a meme? Ask here!

Last posted Oct 22, 2014 at 05:37AM EDT. Added May 16, 2011 at 09:39PM EDT
426 posts from 208 users

RandomMan wrote:

I see these type of images and derivatives popping up every now and then.

Anyone know where it’s from and what it’s called? I couldn’t find it on KYM, so is it actually worth being called a meme?

Edit: I found out the above image is called “Totoro Bus Stop”, don’t know if that’s the origin or the meme. I’m pretty sure that’s from the original scene it was in. But I still don’t know if it can be called a meme or deserves an entry. The below image is a Cthulhu derivative btw.

Totoro is a famous classic anime film (meaning that it’s not all those I-love-that-guy-but-that-guy-is-evil-or-has-an-infinite-amout-of-evil-exes kind or I-accidently-a-person-now-I-must-run kind of animes) by Hayao Miyazaki. I doubt that it can be seen as a meme, though I’ve seen some derivatives out there…….


The film’s pretty famous, and the raining bus stop scene is the most famous part in the movie, but I still don’t think so.





Sep 28, 2011 at 05:18PM EDT
Quote


I’ve seen this face alot but, i don’t know the name or origin.

Last edited Sep 30, 2011 at 10:01PM EDT
Sep 30, 2011 at 09:55PM EDT
Quote

OCtaPuS wrote:


I’ve seen this face alot but, i don’t know the name or origin.

I really want to say its Mind=Blown but I’m not sure

Oct 01, 2011 at 11:31AM EDT
Quote

OCtaPuS wrote:


I’ve seen this face alot but, i don’t know the name or origin.

That looks to be an image of george costanza’s head and hands shopped onto the body of another popular internet image, which is a black guy laughing at something on his computer.

Unfortunately, I have neither image, will post back when I find them.

Oct 01, 2011 at 12:39PM EDT
Quote

This is the only example i could find, so it’s shopped onto Rainbow Dash, but what do people call this calm, “handsome” face?

Last edited Oct 13, 2011 at 11:49PM EDT
Oct 13, 2011 at 11:48PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

micro326 wrote:

This is the only example i could find, so it’s shopped onto Rainbow Dash, but what do people call this calm, “handsome” face?

Serious pony

Oct 15, 2011 at 06:26AM EDT
Quote

Can anyone tell me what this meme is called?

Usually it’s posted with the line:

BOOM

BOOM

CRASH

That’s all it takes for a burglar to break into your house with the intent to rob and kill you. Why don’t you own a gun?

That text makes me think it originates on /k/ and that’s where I most see it.

Unfortunately, I have neither image, will post back when I find them.

I think this is the original image:

Last edited Oct 24, 2011 at 07:02PM EDT
Oct 24, 2011 at 07:01PM EDT
Quote

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

Anyone know the name of the image with a stick figure’s head recoiling back from a computer?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/long-neck-reaction-guy

Oct 26, 2011 at 04:44PM EDT
Quote

2nd Panel, does anyone know?

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/442318_700b.jpg

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 12:23PM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 12:23PM EDT
Quote

That’s an image of Neil DeGrasse Tyson, a popular scientist guy in the flavor of Carl Sagan, Bill Nye, etc. I forget which video of his the image comes from:


(via: http://www.reddit.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu/comments/lmom5/you_dont_ask_this_even_if_the_answer_is_yes/)


(via: http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/ju0vi/when_asked_if_i_smoke_weed_often_7/c2f4a11)

Not one of the most popular rage faces, I don’t think? Do we have an entry?

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 12:44PM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 12:42PM EDT
Quote

http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2011/11/2f0d098e53da1cd23e267c3084c67483.gif?1320858972

Hey, i’m looking for the name of that guy jumping out of the screen. I’ve seen some memes with him but totally forget it & can’t find them, so please help, meme’ologists.

Nov 09, 2011 at 02:38PM EST
Quote

Does anyone know the black and white hand-drawn animal of some sort with its head bent at 90 degrees, with a clueless expression on its face? It usually represents stupidity/retardation. I can’t find any images of it now.

Nov 16, 2011 at 05:41PM EST
Quote

MRDR wrote:

Does anyone know the black and white hand-drawn animal of some sort with its head bent at 90 degrees, with a clueless expression on its face? It usually represents stupidity/retardation. I can’t find any images of it now.

Are you talking about this dog that’s often used in Reddit’s F7U12 board?

Fun fact: The image was originally a drawing of keys but became used as a dog in rage comics.

Nov 16, 2011 at 06:12PM EST
Quote

What is the name of the first meme? http://9gag.com/gag/626769

Last edited Nov 16, 2011 at 08:30PM EST
Nov 16, 2011 at 08:29PM EST
Quote

Chris wrote:

Are you talking about this dog that’s often used in Reddit’s F7U12 board?

Fun fact: The image was originally a drawing of keys but became used as a dog in rage comics.

Ah yes, that. I guess I’m just gonna call it ‘retard dog’ for now. Thanks :D

Nov 17, 2011 at 01:50AM EST
Quote

whyareyoureadingthis wrote:

What is the name of the first meme? http://9gag.com/gag/626769

I don’t know that it has it’s own name, but it’s been traced from this popular reaction face image of Toby Maguire:

Nov 17, 2011 at 01:48PM EST
Quote

what is the rage face at the bottom called? :) don’t know if it’s submitted or not, maybe be a unsubmitted meme

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:34AM EST
Quote

Olivia Gulin wrote:

I don’t know that it has it’s own name, but it’s been traced from this popular reaction face image of Toby Maguire:

I think it’s called “Emo Peter Parker”
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/emo-peter-parker

Last edited Dec 02, 2011 at 04:55AM EST
Dec 02, 2011 at 04:55AM EST

How it’s called the character of the 9th vignette? It’s in a lot of comics of Reddit

Dec 08, 2011 at 06:38AM EST
Quote

Triple Zed wrote:

How it’s called the character of the 9th vignette? It’s in a lot of comics of Reddit

I think it has been known to be called “What have you done?!” or “Why did you do that?!”

Dec 15, 2011 at 04:49PM EST

Does anyone know what the meme in the last panel is? I’ve seen it a lot outside KYM.

Dec 16, 2011 at 03:42PM EST

Herobrine wrote:

Does anyone know what the meme in the last panel is? I’ve seen it a lot outside KYM.

The third and last panel are just popular Computer Reaction Faces. I don’t think the last panel is more notable besides being one of the more popular variants.

Dec 16, 2011 at 08:43PM EST
Quote

foobarbaz wrote:

what is this meme called?

Tenso. When they zoom in on a weird looking face, then zoom out and they ALL have the face.

Dec 26, 2011 at 09:00AM EST
Quote

MrVinceDiggity wrote:

Tenso. When they zoom in on a weird looking face, then zoom out and they ALL have the face.

Actually, Tenso is just zooming in. When zoomed out and having the funny face planted all over, it has become facebombing.

Last edited Dec 26, 2011 at 09:39AM EST
Dec 26, 2011 at 09:39AM EST
Quote

I keep hearing that theres a meme called Skodwarde, but i can’t find it, can someone help me?

Dec 28, 2011 at 09:47AM EST
Quote

What is the name/picture of the one image macro where originally I believe it showed a guy meeting a black man on the street. The black man says some stuff and later says he is just joking. Then there is a later panel and it shows the guy posting and exaggerated account of his day on 4chan?
Thanks

Dec 30, 2011 at 03:46AM EST
Quote

Fricken Hamster wrote:

What is the name/picture of the one image macro where originally I believe it showed a guy meeting a black man on the street. The black man says some stuff and later says he is just joking. Then there is a later panel and it shows the guy posting and exaggerated account of his day on 4chan?
Thanks

I believe that would be Racists on 4chan.

Dec 30, 2011 at 04:02AM EST
Quote

Ok, I’m probably an idiot for not knowing this, but what movie is this from? http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/a051a0b0-c93c-4609-b49a-ac10aa48ebc9.png

Last edited Jan 05, 2012 at 12:59AM EST
Jan 05, 2012 at 12:59AM EST
Quote

SilverMonGoose wrote:

What’s the name of the face with the, “It’s time to pwn” look?

It’s in the second panel.

I’ve tried lurking moar but every search has brought nothing.

its called the"like a boss" face

Jan 08, 2012 at 07:00PM EST
Quote

I found this meme, I already know what its called: Classy Ass kid on memegenerator
but i think it should have moar captions haha

Jan 09, 2012 at 10:35AM EST
Quote

maybe somebody knows this meme?

looks pretty much serious ))

Jan 09, 2012 at 08:50PM EST
Quote

Zac youdontneedtoknow wrote:

I found this meme, I already know what its called: Classy Ass kid on memegenerator
but i think it should have moar captions haha

That makes no sense. I haven’t seen that around at all, so I’m guessing it’s not actually a meme.

Jan 11, 2012 at 06:52AM EST

Pedo Bear wrote:

its called the"like a boss" face

Nope, I think it’s called “Determined”

Jan 12, 2012 at 01:00PM EST
Quote

How it’s called this image? I saw it in a lot of rage comics

Jan 27, 2012 at 01:31AM EST
Quote

Hypercat-Z wrote:

This one:







I think it’s called “I think there is a spy among us”

Jan 27, 2012 at 01:35AM EST
Quote

What is this meme called?

Feb 07, 2012 at 11:21PM EST

jtan484 wrote:

What is this meme called?

I don’t believe we have an entry for this, but I’ll say what I know of it.

It’s a relatively popular 4-pane comic consisting of a conversation between these two, usually ending in a racist or nazi-like remark.

It’s often called ‘Racist Cook,’ from a google search of it.

The guy in the suit is Hubert Urbanski, a polish actor.

It is from a commercial for Millennium Bank, in Poland, from what I can tell.

It seems to be a pretty popular 4pane comic, so an entry would be quite nice.

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:13AM EST
Quote

Triple Zed wrote:

I think it’s called “I think there is a spy among us”

“Sorry, but there were no results for ‘I think there is a spy among us’.”

Besides, how is this called?

Feb 22, 2012 at 05:13PM EST
Quote

Hypercat-Z wrote:

“Sorry, but there were no results for ‘I think there is a spy among us’.”

Besides, how is this called?

Osaka Shoe Kick

Ooops I should have left this one for Dr.Pepperfan!

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:03PM EST
Quote

Do you know what that meme is where it’s basically a pic from South Park and it has the superhero saying “IF YOU DIDNT WANT THIS YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT!” is called? :/

Feb 25, 2012 at 06:38PM EST
Quote

Word Up! You must login or signup first!