Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Huahuehua br br? Gibe moni plos

Last posted Jun 16, 2011 at 07:05PM EDT. Added Jun 16, 2011 at 05:28PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

Huehuehue is the Brazilian/Portuguese equivalent of "hahaha."

Also, it seems ahuehuahuehua is sometimes the result of Spanish jajaja and Portuguese huehuehue mixed together. I dunno. But huehuehue refers to any game where you play a Brazilian online, infamous for trolling, HUEHUEHUE BR BR?, and lagggg. Whether or not those stereotypes are fair, that's what Brazilian players became associated with.

Related Thread
Urban Dictionary
Related Thread 2

huehuehue is basically what a Brazilian sounds like, phonetically, when laughing. Whether Brazilians themselves use the written form, I'm not sure, but it's how they actually sound when they laugh.

Man you never, ever heard a Brazilian laughing. It has nothing to do with huehueheuehuehue. I can only relate huehueheuhue with Kiko's laugh from Chaves series, who is Mexican.

As for that comic (and Americans discovering online Brazilian players in general), I always learned it as stemming from WoW, but I'll look around.
It's hard to find one origin as there are multiple cases of frustrations with Brazilian players:

I know someone said games were expensive in Brazil and that's why all the jungle spics play those free online games (much to our chagrin). That's why seemingly ever Brazilian plays Maple Story. The BR problem got so bad that Combat Arms supposedly banned BRs from their servers. They've ruined Op7, that's for sure.

The comic could just reflect not just one game, but a multitude of frustrations from playing online with Brazilians as a whole.

Last edited Jun 16, 2011 at 06:35PM EDT

This tweet dates back to November 2008. I see that it is now used to make fun of Brazilian players in a number of MMOs. It's proving to be quite tough nailing that comic's origin down.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!