Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Meme Research] Battlefield

Last posted Aug 04, 2014 at 10:57PM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2014 at 04:29AM EDT
19 posts from 5 users

While I'm not a big fan of BF or CoD, it's annoying the latter has entry while I'm sure there's a plenty of memes for Battlefield. So I want to make an entry about it, what do you think?

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 04:30AM EDT

Really? Could you give examples?

I love the franchise, at least the older games. Not a hardcore fan, but the first FPS I really got good at.

Gary wrote:

Really? Could you give examples?

I love the franchise, at least the older games. Not a hardcore fan, but the first FPS I really got good at.

First I said I'm not a big fan of it, second I said I'm sure, not I know.

I know you said you aren't a fan, I wanted evidence to see what you had in mind to prompt you to write an entry. I may be of help, because there are notable injokes in the Battlefield community.

Gary wrote:

I know you said you aren't a fan, I wanted evidence to see what you had in mind to prompt you to write an entry. I may be of help, because there are notable injokes in the Battlefield community.

Wat. Just check my other entries about video games like: the Counter-Strike or the BioShock, if you are curious about what I plan how it will looks like.

You have to understand what I'm asking. You're not telling me why you think Battlefield deserves an entry.

And look, Counter Strike is an old game, it's really popular and has a huge community dedicated to the game, and for a long time. It has online presense becauses it's as old as the internet, and was practically the first first person shooter. Naturally it spawns online spread, since it's such a revelation in computer gaming.

BioShock, as displayed in the article, has a fandom. This brings fanart, because it has characters, setting, and a world, something multiplayer FPS lack and can't create much fanart.

These two give little info on what Battlefield memes are, since they are so different. If you have nothing, I can suggest a few, but first I'd like you to tell me personally what you have in mind, is that so difficult? Why are you avoiding what I'm asking? If you have nothing, I will provide evidence.

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 05:35AM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Gary wrote:

You have to understand what I'm asking. You're not telling me why you think Battlefield deserves an entry.

And look, Counter Strike is an old game, it's really popular and has a huge community dedicated to the game, and for a long time. It has online presense becauses it's as old as the internet, and was practically the first first person shooter. Naturally it spawns online spread, since it's such a revelation in computer gaming.

BioShock, as displayed in the article, has a fandom. This brings fanart, because it has characters, setting, and a world, something multiplayer FPS lack and can't create much fanart.

These two give little info on what Battlefield memes are, since they are so different. If you have nothing, I can suggest a few, but first I'd like you to tell me personally what you have in mind, is that so difficult? Why are you avoiding what I'm asking? If you have nothing, I will provide evidence.

ಠ_ಠ Are you not serious, right? What do you think why the Call of Duty has an entry, I'm sure not thanks to the story/world/characters, but 'coz it's popular, and I think the CoD's rival is famous too, why else should I make an entry, goddamn, I just returned recently but you make me go back to deactivated in mere 2 hours.

Penny wrote:

ಠ_ಠ Are you not serious, right? What do you think why the Call of Duty has an entry, I'm sure not thanks to the story/world/characters, but 'coz it's popular, and I think the CoD's rival is famous too, why else should I make an entry, goddamn, I just returned recently but you make me go back to deactivated in mere 2 hours.

The reason Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, and Bioshock have entries is because they all have memes associated with them and they have a significant online presence. Gary is asking you to provide evidence of this in Battlefield.

Doctor, I am perfectly serious. In no way should I cause you to deactivate your account. Did I say something rude? I meant absolute no offense.

What you are telling me is that you wish to create an article on the Battlefield franchise, no? I ask you why you think so, and if you have any evidence to why. Just because Call of Duty has an entry does not create the reason Battlefield deserves one. In that logic, every popular game needs an entry. And why? Because they usually have a community. Is that community worth documenting? Have they spread on the internet? This is precisely what I am asking you for.

Perhaps I misunderstand you, with the grammatical mistakes and all. You are fueling hate on matters that have no basis, I am trying to help, you wish to argue with me.

EDIT: Exactly what Taryn says, thank you.

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 05:44AM EDT

Taryn wrote:

The reason Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, and Bioshock have entries is because they all have memes associated with them and they have a significant online presence. Gary is asking you to provide evidence of this in Battlefield.

Don't ask it from me, I have no idea is there any, I'm not even played with the game (that much)! I have no idea and as I stated I'm suspecting there is at last one. Therefore the game's popularity itself is proveable, and I think that's why it should have an entry, but that's why I made this thread to ask your opinion, not to prove things. If you think not then just say no, and give a complain about why not, e.g.: No, 'coz it doesn't have any meme/no one cares about it/doesn't have a big noteable fandom/etc.

That's all you needed to say, albeit clearer.

Yes, you can make an entry, though I feel you personally should refrain from creating it if you have absolutely no knowledge on the franchise.

Do you wish for me to provide the information? I will if you ask. Also please write a little clearer, it makes it difficult for me to understand with the typos, and that was the main reason we had the misunderstanding.

Gary wrote:

That's all you needed to say, albeit clearer.

Yes, you can make an entry, though I feel you personally should refrain from creating it if you have absolutely no knowledge on the franchise.

Do you wish for me to provide the information? I will if you ask. Also please write a little clearer, it makes it difficult for me to understand with the typos, and that was the main reason we had the misunderstanding.

……….
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Okay, if you provide the infos, I will make it. And LEAVE MY TYPOS ALONE!

Wow, are you getting this mad over everything. Again, what am I saying to infuriate you? I only requested you to fix your typos so we can communicate clearer. My god, keep this calm.

Still, I'm suggesting that since you have no clue about the Battlefield community, you shouldn't write it. Me telling you the details won't cover everything, since you still need to obtain the knowledge about the game's history, gameplay, and then finally online presence. It'd be easier honestly, and I don't mean any rudeness in any way, if I wrote it. This is only because I have the direct knowledge on the Battlfield series. If someone else wishes to that can provide all the details, I'd be happy for them to write it up. If you really want to write it, who am I to stop you from doing so?

Gary wrote:

Wow, are you getting this mad over everything. Again, what am I saying to infuriate you? I only requested you to fix your typos so we can communicate clearer. My god, keep this calm.

Still, I'm suggesting that since you have no clue about the Battlefield community, you shouldn't write it. Me telling you the details won't cover everything, since you still need to obtain the knowledge about the game's history, gameplay, and then finally online presence. It'd be easier honestly, and I don't mean any rudeness in any way, if I wrote it. This is only because I have the direct knowledge on the Battlfield series. If someone else wishes to that can provide all the details, I'd be happy for them to write it up. If you really want to write it, who am I to stop you from doing so?

You know what? I'm not mad yet. You don't wanna see me when I'm mad. If you want to make the entry go ahead, if you do it, then I would have enough time to concentrate on other entry-worth games like Hitman.

Penny wrote:

You know what? I'm not mad yet. You don't wanna see me when I'm mad. If you want to make the entry go ahead, if you do it, then I would have enough time to concentrate on other entry-worth games like Hitman.

You're suggesting Battlefield is not entry worthy? Also are you threatening me? That itself is insulting me. You seem pretty pissed a few posts up too. I encourage you to remain friendly, there's no real reason for us to resent each other. I'll write the entry if other users say it's worth documenting. That was the point of the thread, after all.

Gary wrote:

You're suggesting Battlefield is not entry worthy? Also are you threatening me? That itself is insulting me. You seem pretty pissed a few posts up too. I encourage you to remain friendly, there's no real reason for us to resent each other. I'll write the entry if other users say it's worth documenting. That was the point of the thread, after all.

Do what you want. I do not care. I'm off this thread.

I don't know what happened to this thread, but I'm considering writing an entry up. Any tips would be appreciated, and if anyone else has any ideas please feel free to discuss.

"You don’t wanna see me when I’m mad"

pffft hahahaha
oh wait you're serious

HAHAHAHA
that's even fucking funnier. Lol internet tough guy. You're talking a lot of shit, and gary didn't even say anything bad.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!