Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
­­­­

Last posted Nov 26, 2014 at 03:13AM EST. Added Nov 15, 2014 at 08:29AM EST
81 posts from 48 users

I had to type the thread ID directly into the address bar to get into this.

How in the hell?

[edit]

You didn't even use blank characters. There is literally nothing.

That means you bypassed the minimum character limit and the required registration fields

I tip my hat to you sir, this is better than the time I used XSS hack on the site and customized the design of my profile page

Mark my words, I'll figure out how you did this

Last edited Nov 15, 2014 at 09:23AM EST

Edit my post, make it blank. Save = "please fill out field"

Edit OP's post, make it blank (changing nothing), Save = "Update successful"

It's like his account is some exception to the rule

Last edited Nov 15, 2014 at 10:13AM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

No it doesn't. And no he didn't

Hint: FEFF

YOU MEAN THAT UNICODE CHARACTER! THEN THERE'S ACTUALLY SOMETHING, NOT LITERALLY NOTHING! IF YOU SAY THAT THERE'S LITERALLY NOTHING IN A THREAD THEN IT'S A NULL!

I made it here! Does that mean I get to join the dank 1337 secret KYM forums club that doesn't exist???

Edit: @Crashbutt: It works on comments too since & n b s p ; is 6 characters.

Oh, and you can use the page's source to get here and it will show the nbsp.

Last edited Nov 15, 2014 at 03:20PM EST

@Cute
You probably mean "alt 255". But that character leaves space. This one didn't.
This one is probably "alt 0173".

Edit

Ah yes it is. This character doesn't even cover a tiny space. Thats how he managed to remove the name title completely. Interesting.

Last edited Nov 15, 2014 at 04:12PM EST

@No One

so, why is the thread written as “--”?
and the user as “-----” on the tab?

Because the browser tab has a limited font set and a limited set of characters. It cannot render most specials characters so it just replaces them with dashes or squares

@Cute

Of course this works everywhere. I know that. It's a character and it can be injected anywhere you can type one. You see nothing, but the machine still sees something

But it isn't a Non-breakable space. nbsp's still show up as a normal space and are easily detected. nbsp's are also visible when you inspect element

It's a zero-width no-break space. Meaning that it doesn't just show up as an empty space; it doesn't even make a space. This threw me off at first

I know you can pick it up from the source code. However I admit that when first inspected the source code and saw nothing in the post. I assumed nothing was there and did not bother to actually edit the HTML to see if anything appeared. Otherwise I would have worked it out sooner

Alex is correct

PS:90% of the blank posts here are not using this trick. There are tons of ways to make a blank post and people are exploiting all those other methods

Crashbutt wrote:

nbsp’s still show up as a normal space and are easily detected. nbsp’s are also visible when you inspect element

It's not showing up in my console. It doesn't even render the < p > tags when I use just a nbsp.

• Regular Comment:

• NBSP Comment:

• OP's quoted post vs a NBSP post:

Edit: The forum title does look like a nbsp though.

Last edited Nov 15, 2014 at 10:31PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!