Forums / Media / Moving Images

5,787 total conversations in 59 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Avatar: TLA / Legend of Korra General

Last posted Sep 27, 2014 at 09:14AM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
2063 posts from 92 users

I just saw the last couple of episodes. Wow.

I really did like how they killed off most of the main villains, giving Zaheer a reason to come back, not just to achieve his earlier goals, but also for revenge; the Red Lotus is still out there, so they could potentially get him to escape somehow.

Something I never really got clear- did Mako suddenly learn how to bend lightning, or did he have one of Asami’s gloves?
I know that magma bending has something to do with having an Earth bender and a Fire bender for parents (or at least have parents from the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom), but how is lightning-bending learned/inherited?

Most of the series doesn’t fully follow Korra, but the rest of the group. Korra has run off shortly after regaining the ability to walk(though not really well). She is ashamed of how weak she is, and has decided to run off to train by herself.Everyone else must deal with finding Korra, and defeating the Red Lotus before they can finish what they started.
Aug 23, 2014 at 12:23AM EDT

Matau, Toa Of Air wrote:

I just saw the last couple of episodes. Wow.

I really did like how they killed off most of the main villains, giving Zaheer a reason to come back, not just to achieve his earlier goals, but also for revenge; the Red Lotus is still out there, so they could potentially get him to escape somehow.

Something I never really got clear- did Mako suddenly learn how to bend lightning, or did he have one of Asami’s gloves?
I know that magma bending has something to do with having an Earth bender and a Fire bender for parents (or at least have parents from the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom), but how is lightning-bending learned/inherited?

Most of the series doesn’t fully follow Korra, but the rest of the group. Korra has run off shortly after regaining the ability to walk(though not really well). She is ashamed of how weak she is, and has decided to run off to train by herself.Everyone else must deal with finding Korra, and defeating the Red Lotus before they can finish what they started.

Mako has been lightning bending since season 1.

On season 4, I’m not sure I like that so much, but it may just work.

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:38AM EDT

i was getting super hyped when Zaheer flew is was like wtf is this. Season 3 did some serious justice to airbending

Aug 23, 2014 at 04:20AM EDT

Are there any more advanced airbending techniques I need to know about?

Aug 23, 2014 at 07:16PM EDT

GaryTheStormtrooper wrote:

Mako has been lightning bending since season 1.

On season 4, I’m not sure I like that so much, but it may just work.

I always assumed it was just one of Asami’s gloves. They are in equalist uniforms…

Last edited Aug 23, 2014 at 09:25PM EDT
Aug 23, 2014 at 09:25PM EDT

Matau, Toa Of Air wrote:

I always assumed it was just one of Asami’s gloves. They are in equalist uniforms…

Recall that the uniforms were only for disguises. Those gloves never had range or power like actual lightning bending. The point of those gloves were for non-benders to have a change against benders in an actual fight. It’d be pointless for Mako to need one of them.

Aug 23, 2014 at 09:57PM EDT

GaryTheStormtrooper wrote:

Recall that the uniforms were only for disguises. Those gloves never had range or power like actual lightning bending. The point of those gloves were for non-benders to have a change against benders in an actual fight. It’d be pointless for Mako to need one of them.

Ok, thanks, didn’t know.

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:14PM EDT

Theory Time:

Ghazan can lava-bend (which is normally a combination of fire and earth bending i.e. only the avatar can do,) because his bending happens at the sub-atomic level. He takes all the molecules of the rocks he manipulates and rubs them together intensely, causing them to melt and thus become lava.

Bolin simply moves the earth molecules found in the lava. We haven’t really seen him produce lava which is really supernatural and out there much like Ming Hua’s arms and Amon’s blood-bending.

Sep 07, 2014 at 12:21PM EDT

About the Korra redesign- do the things on her arms look a little like braces to anyone else?
I know she’s able to move her arms fairly well, judging from the book 4 clip, but maybe she would still need support for her limbs in order to bend like she used to.

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:10AM EDT

Insane prediction: Zhu Li turns out to be a sleeper agent for the Red Lotus.

Sep 26, 2014 at 06:41PM EDT

Platus wrote:

Insane prediction: Zhu Li turns out to be a sleeper agent for the Red Lotus.

That would not be a bad twist. Perhaps mind-control from Dai Li agents who defected?

Last edited Sep 26, 2014 at 11:59PM EDT
Sep 26, 2014 at 11:58PM EDT

It would seem that Kuvira is indeed the final villain, patiently waiting for her time to strike. She seems to be wielding a rebellion of Earth and Metalbenders, likely filling in the void the Earth Queen left. My guess is that she’ll represent Fascism. She has cutting edge technology, she worked in the army of her country, then its monarchy ends and who knows, maybe she’ll blame the Airbenders for it. It was Zaheer and his newly-acquired abilities that killed the queen, anyways. Totally play up the Earthbender superiority, since they have been a pretty powerful kingdom in the past. Yeah, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas Fascism, since Book 1 was Communism, God knows what Book 2 was and Book 3 was Anarchy. This is the last major political movement in the early 1900’s, that is, until the end of World War Two and the beginning of the 1950’s, which ends the first half of the 20th century, just as this (probably) ends the Avatar universe. But I’m pretty sure my guessing record for this show has been spotty at best, so who knows?

Sep 27, 2014 at 09:14AM EDT

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!