Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

Last posted Sep 01, 2014 at 03:42PM EDT. Added Aug 07, 2014 at 06:23AM EDT
28 posts from 6 users

Quick thing for those who don't quite understand MCU.

Phase 1
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers Assemble

Phase 2
Iron Man 3
Agent's of Shield
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of The Galaxy

Upcoming
Avengers: Age of Ultron (End of phase 2)
Ant-Man
Captain America 3
Guardians of The Galaxy 2
Doctor Strange
Daredevil
Iron Fist
Power Man
Jewel
The Defenders

Italics are TV shows.

So far I've liked all these films, my favourites being Iron Man, Avengers Assemble and GoTG and I only dislike Agents of Shield. I personally think that Black Panther and Nova should get a show or film and there should be an Incredible Hulk 2. Also it looks like we're getting closer and closer to seeing Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet which I am very excited for.

Last edited Aug 07, 2014 at 06:24AM EDT

MF DOOM wrote:

i hope that somewhere they throw in AVX or the civil war wit avengers 3 as climax

Not possible. X-Men is a different continuity (well 2 different ones kind of). The main issue is that Fox owns the rights to X-Men and there is no reason to sell it back to Marvel because the films are a success.

Also to add.

Marvel Film Rights
Fantastic Four, X-Men – FOX
Spider-man – Sony
Namor – Universal
Man-Thing – Lionsgate
Everything Else – Disney

I don't get why Universal still has the rights to Namor. Might as well give it up (and it would be cool for him to show up in The Defenders show, since he was a founding member in the comics) :D

Also, if I'm not mistaken Fox has the rights to Super-Skrull (makes sense he's mainly a Fantastic Four villain), but the Skrulls in general can be used by both Fox and Disney, kinda like what can be done with Quicksilver/Scarlet-Witch. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's funny, I was considering making this topic myself today :P

Anywho I like putting the dates next to the films. Gives the full impact of how far it's come:

Phase 1
May 2, 2008 – Iron Man
June 13, 2008 – The Incredible Hulk
May 7, 2010 – Iron Man 2
May 6, 2011 – Thor
July 22, 2011 – Captain America: The First Avenger
May 4, 2012 – Marvel's The Avengers

Phase 2
May 3, 2013 – Iron Man 3
November 8, 2013 – Thor: The Dark World
April 4, 2014 – Captain America: The Winter Soldier
August 1, 2014 – Guardians of the Galaxy
May 1, 2015 – Avengers: Age of Ultron

Phase 3
July 17, 2015 – Marvel's Ant-Man
May 6, 2016 – Captain America 3
July 8, 2016 – Doctor Strange (unconfirmed)
May 5, 2017 – ?!?
July 28, 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy 2
November 3, 2017 – ?!?
July 6, 2018 – ?!?
November 2, 2018 – ?!?
May 3, 2019 – ?!?!

Plus the TV shows you mentioned (you forgot Agent Carter, which will be midseason splitting Agents of Shield). Like you, I kinda disliked Shield but I stuck with it and it got better towards the end (especially after Cap 2 released, and it tied to the plot). I hope Season 2 is more cohesive and not reliant on another film.

Now the film I'm most looking forward to is Doctor Strange, since he's my fav :D I too would love a Black Panther film, and maybe Ms. Marvel as well. Nova may end up in GOTG 2 though, but it would be cool if he got his own film. What about The Inhumans? So many possibilities….

Yup, Infinity Gauntlet is sure thing now. Thanos is my second fav character (along with Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock), so I'm super excited for that hehehe. With that note, I'll leave this:

majesticspace (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚☆ wrote:

I don't get why Universal still has the rights to Namor. Might as well give it up (and it would be cool for him to show up in The Defenders show, since he was a founding member in the comics) :D

Also, if I'm not mistaken Fox has the rights to Super-Skrull (makes sense he's mainly a Fantastic Four villain), but the Skrulls in general can be used by both Fox and Disney, kinda like what can be done with Quicksilver/Scarlet-Witch. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anywho I like putting the dates next to the films. Gives the full impact of how far it's come:

Phase 1
May 2, 2008 – Iron Man
May 7, 2010 – Iron Man 2
May 6, 2011 – Thor

Phase 2
May 3, 2013 – Iron Man 3

Phase 3
May 5, 2017 – ?!?
November 3, 2017 – ?!?
July 6, 2018 – ?!?
November 2, 2018 – ?!?
May 3, 2019 – ?!?!

Plus the TV shows you mentioned (you forgot Agent Carter, which will be midseason splitting Agents of Shield). Like you, I kinda disliked Shield but I stuck with it and it got better towards the end (especially after Cap 2 released, and it tied to the plot). I hope Season 2 is more cohesive and not reliant on another film.

Now the film I'm most looking forward to is Doctor Strange, since he's my fav :D I too would love a Black Panther film, and maybe Ms. Marvel as well. Nova may end up in GOTG 2 though, but it would be cool if he got his own film. What about The Inhumans? So many possibilities….

Yup, Infinity Gauntlet is sure thing now. Thanos is my second fav character (along with Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock), so I'm super excited for that hehehe. With that note, I'll leave this:

Isn't skye from the Shield series maybe an inhuman i've heard some rumors

Phase 1
May 2, 2008 – Iron Man
May 7, 2010 – Iron Man 2
May 6, 2011 – Thor

Phase 2
May 3, 2013 – Iron Man 3

Phase 3
May 5, 2017 – ?!?
November 3, 2017 – ?!?
July 6, 2018 – ?!?
November 2, 2018 – ?!?
May 3, 2019 – ?!?!

Universal probably have forgot about Namor. I think they might wait to see if F4 sells well and if so sell the rights to FOX (I doubt the new F4 with the casting and all and it would be a shame if it sucks) because F4 and Namor are quite closely linked.

Also I'm pretty sure the Disney Skrull are the Chitauri. I don't know about the rights to the skrulls fully though. Also Doctor Strange is confirmed but in pre-production

Yeah Dr. Strange seems like he could hold his own film and bring a touch of magic to MCU. Nova being a guardian makes sense and i wouldn't mind him joining them. Also I think Inhumans is a possibility since it seems Marvel Comics are pushing them and there are small rumours that they are using Inhumans over X-Men for most of their stuff (because of FOX reluctance to sell the rights).

Also what do you think about the Infinity stones. It has been a confirmed that we have seen 3 and that the one in GoTG is power and I think that the one in Thor 2 was reality based of what it did in the film and that the Teseract is space because Loki was able to Transport the Chitauri in Avengers Assemble. Also we saw Adam Warlocks cacoon in Thor 2 and GoTG and he's bound to have the soul stone.

Last edited Aug 07, 2014 at 02:54PM EDT

MF DOOM wrote:

Isn’t skye from the Shield series maybe an inhuman i’ve heard some rumors

Oh crap I almost forgot that one. Possibly, since she's classified as non-human (0-8-4 in the show), and I read today the role of her father has been cast, who was shown right at the end of the season (albeit just a bloody hand). As well, the creature/being that healed Coulson and later on Skye looked Kree to me, so I hope that's explored too.

Oops I neglected the fact that Namor is more tied to the F4 than others. Guess I've been reading too much older Defenders stuff. I too doubt FOX's new F4 film, but I hope we're proven wrong.

Wow I dun goofed twice. Yes, the Chitauri are Disney's Skrulls, because Whedon originally wanted them but I guess FOX has the full rights? Hope they put it to use. I also read that for GOTG the director wanted to use the Badoon, but again those pesky rights issues ಠ_ಠ

Ya what I meant was the release date for Doctor Strange is unconfirmed. But it probably is July 8, 2016 :) I need that film so bad…
I too read the rumours that the Inhumans are in lieu of the X-Men, so the MCU's "mutants" I guess. At this point FOX won't sell the rights of them, and I'm ok with that.

So about them gems: this image has been circling around

I'm really doubtful that Loki's staff has a gem (why would Thanos just willingly give it to him?), but for sure everything else fits. Apparently Warlock's cocoon can be seen broken open in the post credits scene of GOTG, so I'm pretty hopeful he'll show up, gem and all. That just leaves the Time Gem…. I don't know. 5 open film slots, and it could be anywhere. All this speculation hurts my brain (in a good way of course).

Spider-Byte wrote:

Not possible. X-Men is a different continuity (well 2 different ones kind of). The main issue is that Fox owns the rights to X-Men and there is no reason to sell it back to Marvel because the films are a success.

Also to add.

Marvel Film Rights
Fantastic Four, X-Men – FOX
Spider-man – Sony
Namor – Universal
Man-Thing – Lionsgate
Everything Else – Disney

Not quite. Man-Thing was mentioned on AOS. Namor, on the other hand is a more complicated story, but he can be on the table eventually after getting some rights settled. So it looks like the properties are just going divided between Fox, Sony, and Disney until they can work something out.

I do believe that Fox will be more willing to share than Sony is, given that they were willing to lend Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch over to Disney. I think that Sony's refusal to co-operate is something that will hurt them in the long run, especially considering that the way they rushed the second half of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 seemed like a half-assed way to start a shared universe instead of telling a good story. Since they've got three spin-offs planned between that movie and The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (all of which will probably make less money than the previous installment), and that Sony is in financial trouble, it would only benefit them to work out some sort of cross-continuity deal. There's no way that the company can stay afloat with dozens of Spider-Man spinoffs and sequels alone, even with the profits of the films in mind.

Yup, you hit the nail on the head regarding Sony. I think with them pushing back the 3rd film in the trilogy they want to work more on the script, but then again it seems the spin-offs have become their main priority. Spidey may have a vast rogue gallery, but will that intrigue audiences enough to the Sinister Six? Can they make a good Venom film (rumoured to include Carnage) after what we got in Raimi's Spider-Man 3? So on and so forth…general audiences are not warming up to this shared universe, and by throwing around all these films, they may be making matters worse. But alas, they are quite stubborn with their properties. Therefore, they won't go seeking help anytime soon.
Also, is it true the only thing not losing money for Sony is the Playstation console? Because that's worrying :-/

Kung Fu Cthulhu wrote:

Not quite. Man-Thing was mentioned on AOS. Namor, on the other hand is a more complicated story, but he can be on the table eventually after getting some rights settled. So it looks like the properties are just going divided between Fox, Sony, and Disney until they can work something out.

I do believe that Fox will be more willing to share than Sony is, given that they were willing to lend Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch over to Disney. I think that Sony's refusal to co-operate is something that will hurt them in the long run, especially considering that the way they rushed the second half of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 seemed like a half-assed way to start a shared universe instead of telling a good story. Since they've got three spin-offs planned between that movie and The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (all of which will probably make less money than the previous installment), and that Sony is in financial trouble, it would only benefit them to work out some sort of cross-continuity deal. There's no way that the company can stay afloat with dozens of Spider-Man spinoffs and sequels alone, even with the profits of the films in mind.

I thought it was the other way round because Sony was willing to sell rights to the TV shows and such to Marvel.

I think they just want to get as much out of Spidey before losing him. Fox will probably not even consider giving any rights and I don't think anywhere near soon are we getting X-Men. Plus depending on the success of F4 they might never give that back either.

Also which Nova do you think they will use. I think they could get Sam to work and have a younger protagonist. Wouldn't mind Richard though.

I'm only familiar with Rich, but it could be either one. As well, do you think Moondragon could show up in GoTG 2? They may have changed Drax's backstory a bit, but the whole "I thought my daughter dead" thing can still play out well.

Other random thoughts:
- Are they going to introduce Death?
- More Celestials?
- If they do a Ms. Marvel film, will it be her/Captain Marvel, or like the more recent stuff where she's Captain Marvel?
- Who owns the rights to Spider-Woman? I read that Sony may not (but could use the Ultimates version). No one's for certain I guess.

I was also thinking (again) about the Doctor Strange film, and which characters could show up. What do you think about Eternity? He first showed up with Strange, and was involved with the Infinity Gauntlet saga, and also with Warlock. I think it would be a cool way to tie the new mystic side of the MCU with the growing cosmic side. If you're wondering, I hope the main villain for Strange is Dormammu, but of course Baron Mordo will be there too. I just want to see the Dark Dimension on the big screen (and Clea would be there)! Hehe :P

Correct me if I'm wrong, did Marvel actually obtained the rights for the Punisher and Ghost Rider?

I read that they, in fact, got them back, but they don't have any plans for both characters at the moment, considering that their current focus, when it comes to street characters, is mostly for Daradevil.

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 05:51PM EDT

Necromagenvion wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, did Marvel actually obtained the rights for the Punisher and Ghost Rider?

I read that they, in fact, got them back, but they don't have any plans for both characters at the moment, considering that their current focus, when it comes to street characters, is mostly for Daradevil.

Yup they have them both again. I guess it's fine the characters are in the back burner right now, considering Marvel has so much on their plate. But hopefully they will get to them in the next couple of years (perhaps as Netflix shows as well).

Marvel also has the rights back for Blade, so there's that too.

Spider-Byte wrote:

A while ago Vin Diesel tweeted with a possible Inhuman film teaser. Well now they have a script

I really can't wait to see Black Bolt and the others on screen. They got Guardians to work and I reckon with the right people this could easily do the same.

I love it how he could possibly go from a character that only says 3 words to one that is mute. When the film gets a director, I guess they'll announce it for 2017? :)

Have you read what James Gunn had to say about Quill's father for the sequel? If he's not J'son….then who the heck could it be?? Well, either way there are so many characters they could introduce, and all I know is that:

Kung Fu Cthulhu wrote:

> Guardians Of The Galaxy made more money domestically in three weeks than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 did in its entire theatrical run in the United States.

I still haven't seen the film, but I did catch a random scene at the HMV store in the mall today yesterday. I think it was the beginning with Spidey fighting Rhino (he's in the beginning right?), and there was this kid in a Spidey costume, and he ran around or something, and the cops were being stupid..
But ya, that is friggin hilarious. That's a nice quality GIF btw :)

So there was some rumour news on the Doctor Strange film this past weekend. Apparently it won't be an origin story. Although Feige said about 2 months ago that Strange has one of the best origin stories, I guess they're changing it up now. I also read the other Phase 3 films may follow suit. I'm fine with Strange's origin not being the focus, and dropping us in media res. As well, him going from an arrogant, self-centered prick to a humble, everyone-before-myself type of person might remind people of Stark's character journey. Also, his trek to Tibet to seek the Ancient One might be too similar to what Wayne did in Batman Begins to find Ra's Al Ghul. They could have flashbacks to his origin throughout the film though.

Last edited Aug 19, 2014 at 04:08AM EDT

^ That was actually the ending. It's only there to establish a "Hey, Spidey's back!" feeling after… Well, I won't spoil it. But it would have worked a lot better at the beginning of the movie, especially if said fight actually had a conclusion (the movie just ends right after it starts).

In general, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suffered from trying to cram too much into too short a timeframe. Spider-Man 3 was better about juggling several plotlines and getting them to work, and yes, that is including the last-minute addition of Venom (the appearances of the Green Goblin and Rhino are even more forced into the movie than Venom's short appearance was, and they honestly should have been saved for the sequels; the villains in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 have the weakest motivations out of any movie in the franchise). It's still a decent action movie, and most of the cast give good performances, but from a world-building standpoint it's kind of a mess. Not awful, but definitely my least favorite Marvel movie this year.

Of course, Sony and Avi Arad have to be blowhards about the whole thing, what with Avi Arad considering himself to be a more efficient producer than Kevin Feige (which is bullshit, considering that Arad's screwed up with a couple of properties while Feige's worst movies are still usually fun to watch in spite of their shortcomings), never mind that the only movies of Arad's that are rated "Fresh" on Rotten Tomatoes are either Spider-Man or Hulk movies and every single MCU film that Feige has been involved with is considered "Fresh". Not to mention that Sony Pictures's Amy Pascal quite literally said that they would "never ever ever" (yes, that's a real quote) give up the rights to Spider-Man like a spoiled brat. The fact that they're refusing to do an Avengers crossover is a suicidally stupid and selfish business move beyond belief, though I've already talked about why.

So… That may contribute to my sour mood over what Sony's been doing with one of my favorite superheroes.

Last edited Aug 19, 2014 at 09:08PM EDT

Hwat that's the end of the film? …..Alrighty then :-/
I have a feeling that when I eventually get around to seeing it, I won't enjoy it as much as the other Marvel films this year. Let alone the other films I've seen this year.

Arad likes to think he's the best producer around since he co-produced the first two films in the MCU (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk), but he wasn't the man with the plan. That was Feige who wanted to build this universe in the first place, and I don't think Arad had much input, let alone shared in this grand vision. I feel like Feige and co. think-tank the MCU all the time while Arad and Sony only recently chalked this up and forced this into The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I guess they wanted to wait until after The Avengers to see how things played out, but they didn't have to rush it this fast….ugh poor Spidey :(

I unfortunately have lost interest with the character, partially because of the recent films, so I too am sour. Maybe when I get around to reading Spidey comics I can appreciate him, like when I was a kid with his first films and cartoons. Sadly my brother and mom dislike him now, so Sony lost their money. Oh well.

Oh Joss

But seriously, A Brief History of Time is a great book by Hawking; as for Union Jack, well the recent incarnation could show up, since Falsworth is deceased in the MCU..

So, last night I came home from vacation. I stayed away from the internet most of the time I was gone, so it's not until now that I can finally write this: I finally saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (in-flight film) last week when I left, and oh boy, there is a lot to talk about. I'll apologize ahead of time in case this turns into a rant/long post. Oh and SPOILERS AHEAD

Ok, where do I begin? First off, that plane "crash". Was it supposed to be that short? I remember in commercials that it showed it plummeting down or something. Maybe because it was an in-flight film that it was edited, so I'm hoping I'm right because it was anti-climatic. Now about Rhino, he felt too hammy. There is good hammy, and then there is bad. He went too overboard for my taste. At least Giamatti put on an accent, but sometimes I couldn't understand him (then again, does it really matter?). Like Kung Fu Cthulhu told me, the next Rhino/Spidey encounter should of been at the beginning as well, because frankly that was a stupid way to end the film. So abrupt.
I'm not sure how I feel about the Osborns having this hereditary illness, which when Harry took the venom later on turns him into the Green Goblin. Also, I've read that the director stated that Norman's head was saved after his death. They could of at least shown that, since it's just "BOOM dead. Harry you're CEO now. Oh and btw there are a bunch of peeps that want the company". While now I'm ok with OsCorp being the center of the future Sinister Six with this whole biogenetics thing, it might be too much as the film series goes on.
I hated the portrayal of Electro. They pushed the whole "loser/nobody" deal too much, and I think it would've benefited the film if he had more backstory, perhaps explaining why he's cuckoo and in that position. At least his visual effects were cool. Also, his dependence on being needed made him seem weak and easy to manipulate, since when he and Harry teamed up to get into OsCorp I felt he became a lackey. His final fight with Spidey was pretty forgettable. I preferred the Goblin/Spidey fight, since it had some tension I guess.
Which leads into Spidey and Gwen. While I felt they focused on their relationship a bit too much, at least it was enjoyable, since the chemistry is good. I didn't care for the Oxford thing (knowing she would die, more about that in a moment), and oddly enough I think her character had the most development out of everybody.
Back to more random stuff:
-the Times Square fight was ok. Spidey being faster than the lightning was dumb.
-cool they showed Ravencroft. I guess more will be shown in later films.
-were there any Easter Eggs in the film? Other than some minor characters and the stuff in the OsCorp basement, I honestly wasn't paying attention enough to catch real hidden stuff. Unless there aren't any, and they like to be less subtle.
-why did they have to keep pushing Peter's dad? Look I understand that he was working with Norman, but the secret lab spiel was a bit much for me. Does everyone in this Spidey universe have secrets? IS AUNT MAY HIDING SOMETHING TOO?? EDIT OH WAIT I REMEMBER: THAT WHOLE NURSE THING. I almost forgot because all these damn subplots
Finally, about Gwen's death. Is it bad that's the only part of the film I truly enjoyed? Maybe because it was pretty close to the comics (her clothes, the manner of death, who was involved). Albeit, she wasn't thrown off the bridge by Goblin (Norman not Harry). It was needed, and I'm glad they cut the scenes they filmed of Mary Jane, as that would've ruined the ending more (stupid Rhino "fight").

Do you see how much I wrote about this film? Way more than needed, all because they tried to rush so many goddamn storylines at once. It didn't have to be this way….
You deserve better than this Spidey. If you want a rating scale from me, I guess it's a 5.5/10 :-/ Just as I predicted, it's my least fav film from all the ones I've seen so far this year. I know it's not MCU, but I needed this off my chest, and it's a Marvel character, so ya.

To offset this, I read some Cap 3 news today. They might announce a subtitle soon, and they start filming in April. At Atlanta. That's where I went on vacation (to visit my uncle). Maybe I can head down there again by May or so ;)

Last edited Aug 28, 2014 at 05:59PM EDT

Oh Joss

But seriously, A Brief History of Time is a great book by Hawking; as for Union Jack, well the recent incarnation could show up, since Falsworth is deceased in the MCU..

So, last night I came home from vacation. I stayed away from the internet most of the time I was gone, so it's not until now that I can finally write this: I finally saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (in-flight film) last week when I left, and oh boy, there is a lot to talk about. I'll apologize ahead of time in case this turns into a rant/long post. Oh and SPOILERS AHEAD

Ok, where do I begin? First off, that plane "crash". Was it supposed to be that short? I remember in commercials that it showed it plummeting down or something. Maybe because it was an in-flight film that it was edited, so I'm hoping I'm right because it was anti-climatic. Now about Rhino, he felt too hammy. There is good hammy, and then there is bad. He went too overboard for my taste. At least Giamatti put on an accent, but sometimes I couldn't understand him (then again, does it really matter?). Like Kung Fu Cthulhu told me, the next Rhino/Spidey encounter should of been at the beginning as well, because frankly that was a stupid way to end the film. So abrupt.
I'm not sure how I feel about the Osborns having this hereditary illness, which when Harry took the venom later on turns him into the Green Goblin. Also, I've read that the director stated that Norman's head was saved after his death. They could of at least shown that, since it's just "BOOM dead. Harry you're CEO now. Oh and btw there are a bunch of peeps that want the company". While now I'm ok with OsCorp being the center of the future Sinister Six with this whole biogenetics thing, it might be too much as the film series goes on.
I hated the portrayal of Electro. They pushed the whole "loser/nobody" deal too much, and I think it would've benefited the film if he had more backstory, perhaps explaining why he's cuckoo and in that position. At least his visual effects were cool. Also, his dependence on being needed made him seem weak and easy to manipulate, since when he and Harry teamed up to get into OsCorp I felt he became a lackey. His final fight with Spidey was pretty forgettable. I preferred the Goblin/Spidey fight, since it had some tension I guess.
Which leads into Spidey and Gwen. While I felt they focused on their relationship a bit too much, at least it was enjoyable, since the chemistry is good. I didn't care for the Oxford thing (knowing she would die, more about that in a moment), and oddly enough I think her character had the most development out of everybody.
Back to more random stuff:
-the Times Square fight was ok. Spidey being faster than the lightning was dumb.
-cool they showed Ravencroft. I guess more will be shown in later films.
-were there any Easter Eggs in the film? Other than some minor characters and the stuff in the OsCorp basement, I honestly wasn't paying attention enough to catch real hidden stuff. Unless there aren't any, and they like to be less subtle.
-why did they have to keep pushing Peter's dad? Look I understand that he was working with Norman, but the secret lab spiel was a bit much for me. Does everyone in this Spidey universe have secrets? IS AUNT MAY HIDING SOMETHING TOO?? EDIT OH WAIT I REMEMBER: THAT WHOLE NURSE THING. I almost forgot because all these damn subplots
Finally, about Gwen's death. Is it bad that's the only part of the film I truly enjoyed? Maybe because it was pretty close to the comics (her clothes, the manner of death, who was involved). Albeit, she wasn't thrown off the bridge by Goblin (Norman not Harry). It was needed, and I'm glad they cut the scenes they filmed of Mary Jane, as that would've ruined the ending more (stupid Rhino "fight").

Do you see how much I wrote about this film? Way more than needed, all because they tried to rush so many goddamn storylines at once. It didn't have to be this way….
You deserve better than this Spidey. If you want a rating scale from me, I guess it's a 5.5/10 :-/ Just as I predicted, it's my least fav film from all the ones I've seen so far this year. I know it's not MCU, but I needed this off my chest, and it's a Marvel character, so ya.

To offset this, I read some Cap 3 news today. They might announce a subtitle soon, and they start filming in April. At Atlanta. That's where I went on vacation (to visit my uncle). Maybe I can head down there again by May or so ;)

Spidey dodging lightning is a thing when ever he fights Electro. He is meant to be super agile and fast. But yeah subplots and stupid daddy Parker was just dumb. It feels like they want to use the source material from Ultimate Spider-man (I mean c'mon it has more in common with Ultimate then Earth 616, from Electro design to mech suit Rhino) but it seems that they just didn't know it well enough. I think they take minor plot points from USM like Peter's parents and blow it out of proportion. I also have a feeling that there is so much cut from the film.

Major Spoilers
Gwen's death was beautifully done. I mean if there was one scene everyone knew was coming it was that and they really had to do the iconic scene right.

All I know is that the Blu-ray will have 13 deleted scenes. That's probably only a fraction of what they cut :(
Ok good, I thought something was wrong with me because I enjoyed SPOILERS Gwen's death. My mom saw the film too (she fell asleep through huge chunks of it though hehe), and she got sad that she had to go. I did tell her that's the way it was in the comics, and it's good they followed through with it. But now the question is: will they recast Mary Jane? Shailene Woodley has the Divergent film series, and she's unsure if she wants to return.

Rev up those Doctor Strange rumours: Apparently Joaquin Phoenix is in final negotiations for the film. I'm so-so on the possible casting, but as long as it's not Bennyboy Cumberbatch I'm happy (but still very nervous).

Moar rumours: so Avengers: Age of Ultron may introduce many new future members, and that by the end of the film the roster will be different than what it is now. I mean, so many characters to choose from! I'll just wait for the teaser trailer for now. Oh man….when is that coming out? Within the next few months?!?

Spider-Byte wrote:

Wesley Snipes returns fora 4th Blade film.

Possibly joining MCU? Marvel have the rights back.

I'm taking this rumour with a huge grain of salt. As well, maybe this would be better as a Netflix show? Have all the "street-level" characters on TV, while the bigger players have their own films. Either recast or keep Snipes I wouldn't mind either way.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!