Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Movies that you think get way too much hate

Last posted Oct 13, 2014 at 06:10PM EDT. Added Sep 28, 2014 at 02:01AM EDT
14 posts from 14 users

What movies you like that you think get way too much hate than they deserve?

For me are the Bay-formers. Ya I know the movies lack the deep character development from the show and it suffers from some annoying characters (Sam, Skids and Mudflap, Mikaela) but I think the main problem people have is that when people went to see the movies they tought they would get the same "status quo" story over again, wich is find for the ones who like it, but for me I always seek for different storylines and demographic (that's why my favorite Transformers were the Beast Wars era). Also, you can't deny when there's action, there's a lot of action! I often see people criticize CGI from calling it "cheap effects" but apparantly they don't know how hard is to programate those animations. Optimus Prime itself is made of over 10.00 individuals parts in the movie! These kind of work always has a value in my book.

So, what movies you think have way too much hate?

Thrash95 wrote:

What movies you like that you think get way too much hate than they deserve?

For me are the Bay-formers. Ya I know the movies lack the deep character development from the show and it suffers from some annoying characters (Sam, Skids and Mudflap, Mikaela) but I think the main problem people have is that when people went to see the movies they tought they would get the same "status quo" story over again, wich is find for the ones who like it, but for me I always seek for different storylines and demographic (that's why my favorite Transformers were the Beast Wars era). Also, you can't deny when there's action, there's a lot of action! I often see people criticize CGI from calling it "cheap effects" but apparantly they don't know how hard is to programate those animations. Optimus Prime itself is made of over 10.00 individuals parts in the movie! These kind of work always has a value in my book.

So, what movies you think have way too much hate?

DId you forget the Explosion?

Cars 2

Some people say it doesn't feel at all like a Pixar film and that it's a complete sellout. I still think it has a Pixar feel, as it has a strong message that the simplest people could end up doing something spectacular and shouldn't be looked down on. Also it was made because director John Lasseter has a hobby of collecting things like toy cars, the similar types of collecting of toys and bugs that brought us Toy Story and A Bug's Life. Not to mention the designs of the different cities, especially Tokyo, are nothing more than spectacular. Plus the fast paced animation during the racing is really well done, and the climax is actually intense.

Star Wars the Phantom Menace.

Hear me out.

It's not that it doesn't deserve whatever hate it got, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it got to the point where everyone was beating a dead horse.

Although it ends well, these fanboys thought it had several flaws. Do I look like that I really need to read the comic books of Iron Man to explain the difference?

Last edited Oct 12, 2014 at 08:43PM EDT

Always Right wrote:

The Polar Express' CGI is nowhere near Uncanny Valley, compared to later works (Delgo and Mars Needs Moms comes to mind.)

Agreed. There were times when it did get pretty gross looking but there were also times where it looked pretty great (mostly in the shots focused on scenery). Too bad it just doesn't measure up to the gorgeous illustrations in the book.

Dwight wrote:

Although it ends well, these fanboys thought it had several flaws. Do I look like that I really need to read the comic books of Iron Man to explain the difference?

I think Iron Man 2 & 3 get a ton more hate then they should. Except for the awful ending, Iron Man 3 was really good. People were pissed at Mandarin was not a magic ring guy.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!