Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Leonardo DiCaprio is making a biopic about Bill Watterson

Last posted Oct 04, 2014 at 09:55PM EDT. Added Oct 04, 2014 at 04:33PM EDT
5 posts from 3 users

I hope this film comes out well. Calvin and Hobbes is just one of those things that's too special to screw up. It's like art to me. I can trust DiCaprio since he's had experience, but I still have some concerns. I really hope Hollywood won't tarnish this. And yeah, I know this is gonna really be about the creator, but it's the closest thing we're gonna get to a Calvin and Hobbes movie (at least for now).
I'm just going to have to wait and see.

While most likely not at the same production level as DiCaprio's movie is gonna be, there is a nice little documentary called Dear Mr. Watterson available on netflix right now. Highly recommend giving it a watch, quite the inspiring piece of work.

Crimson Locks wrote:

While most likely not at the same production level as DiCaprio's movie is gonna be, there is a nice little documentary called Dear Mr. Watterson available on netflix right now. Highly recommend giving it a watch, quite the inspiring piece of work.

I saw the movie, and it was pretty good. There's a problem with it, though. There isn't much to say about Calvin and Hobbes that hasn't already been realized by the reader or talked about on Reddit, so making a documentary about it is pretty pointless, albeit childhood-completing. There was Stephan Pastis's monologue, however. MMM that monologue.

Last edited Oct 04, 2014 at 09:56PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!