Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

really stupid premises that turned out to be awsome

Last posted May 10, 2015 at 09:27PM EDT. Added Mar 12, 2015 at 08:30PM EDT
31 posts from 28 users

like, if a friend told you about it you would think it's absolutly retarded. but then when you actually watch it, it's actually really good.

a good example is Bayblade – at its core its just animu to get kids to buy stupid spinning tops that bump into each other.
bot holy shit, they put real effort into that show. with cool and likable characters great animation and a plot involving: ancient egypt, magic, mafia, global conspiracies. and effing cyborgs!

another great example is UP – a movie about a cranky old man that gets his house to fly with a million baloons, get stucks with an asian boy scout, meet a talking dog and chase a bird…

sounds really stupid… but when you actually watch it… yeah i think we all know how great it was.

Well, if we put it in perspective, everysingle idea in the world can sound stupid when read for the first time.

"Robots that transform into cars, bikes, trucks and airplanes? And have a pseudo-civil-religious-political war? Transformers

"A fat italian plumber who grabs mushroms to grow big and red flowers to throw fire balls? And must rescue a princess from a Turtle-Dragon?" Mario

"A blue kid-sized hedgehog who can run at the speed of sound? That has a frind fox who has 2 tails and a echidna with spikes on his fist who must fight a fat scientist-mechanic-doctor who turns little pets into robots?" Sonic

"A man-alien martial artist who fights other aliens- monsters- demons -gods and can powered himself up turning his hair blonde?" Dragon Ball Z

And don't get me started to comics……

Last edited Mar 12, 2015 at 08:46PM EDT

"Hey you know that Bishie asshole from the second game nobody likes? Yeah, let's make him RoboCop with a samurai sword and have him fight robots, cyborgs, mecha and a roided out philosophe senator whilst simultaneously parodying, deconstructing and reconstructing the ideological parameters of our entire series. Oh and give players an option to slap a sombrero on him."

Pretty much any fanfic that earns the status Better Than Canon.
Also, Yugioh 5Ds in Japanese. Gods of the Underworld? In a card game? On motorcycles? THAT WORKS TO AN AWESOME EXTENT?!
Hells yeah.

Last edited Mar 22, 2015 at 09:30PM EDT

Q. The first time I saw him in TNG I groaned. The original Star Trek had so many ridiculous god characters and I was sick of them. But John De Lancie played the part so well and his character was so well written that I ended up loving everything with him.

Let's take 12 characters from family friendly games and have them mutilate each other for our amusement:

Let's have a 9-year-old save the world from the apocolypse with time travel:

RPG (TheRPGFan) wrote:

Let's take 12 characters from family friendly games and have them mutilate each other for our amusement:

Let's have a 9-year-old save the world from the apocolypse with time travel:

I believe Link should have been 13-14 years old in Majora's Mask.

HeatEdgeSword wrote:

I believe Link should have been 13-14 years old in Majora's Mask.

Well, I heard a reviewer fo the original game says he's like 9, and I thought that was pretty accurate.

Let's take a plumber, make him save the princess while travelling pipes, fighting with turtles and other weird monsters, making him grow with a mushroom and make flowers give him the ability to shoot.

Let's take megaman and completely change the gameplay into a weird third person shooter, also, the story of this game has nothing to do with the others, he is megaman in name only.
(I'm talking of course about megaman legends which is surprisingly good)

"It's about this rich dude who uses his money to make a bat costume in order to scare the piss out of criminals, one of which is a clown, another a man who looks like a penguin, and a guy who loves confusing riddles more than a school teacher."
-Batman

"So you're this fat Italian plumber who goes to a magical world where mushrooms make you big and flowers let you shoot fire, and you're saving a princess from some dragon… that looks like a turtle. Oh and your enemies are turtles and evil mushrooms with eyes."
-Mario

"It's about talking ponies with silly names who learn about friendship while going on adventures."
-My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

"Blue hedgehog fights against a caricature of Teddy Roosevelt."
-Sonic the Hedgehog

"It stars an edgy 90s comic book anti-hero who you can actually relate with."
-The Darkness video games

Last edited Apr 27, 2015 at 01:24PM EDT

Kill La Kill
So you say by wearing special clothes you get super powers? and the more revealing they are the stronger you become? Also the main character develops a special bond with her clothes that can telepathically communicate with her? Well in that case sign me up for that hype ass shit.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!