Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Music] listen to this ost

Last posted Aug 11, 2014 at 05:51AM EDT. Added May 26, 2014 at 08:49PM EDT
330 posts from 60 users

So the rules of the thread are simple

1. It has to be an ost, which is music used for a movie, video game, anime, cartoon etc

2. Although you don't necessarily have too it would be greatly appreciated if you gave your opinion on the ost posted above you. Give your honest opinion. Hopefully the people on this site will be mature enough to not karma bomb you into oblivion

3. keep an open mind. Don't just pass up a song, listen to it and if you like or dont like it tell us. your opinion is appreciated

4. one song per post please.

Here's one of my favorites

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 09:12PM EDT

@pollux
hmmm, i like it, its the kind of song that makes me want to hyperactively beat the fuck out of people.

now this song right here makes me feel like a fucking god

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 09:13PM EDT

Old school, I love it!

now here's song that'll never get old to my audio-receptors

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 09:58PM EDT

@richter
it makes me feel all sunny and happy inside
@sir soundwave
This one makes me feel like a badass autobot warrior who eventually crushes and triumphs over an seemingly endless wave of decepticons
@at your local trainer
that song makes me feel like if i slow down i'll die, something real urgent ya know.

now with this i feel like a badass western outlaw with nothing left to lose

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 10:17PM EDT

@Viuff
Very atmospheric and true to the medieval--… Oh boy, guitars! This track is awesome already!

Okay, I know the game isn't released yet, and this is not exactly the full song. But I just want you to listen to it.

Last edited May 27, 2014 at 08:46AM EDT

Hands down my favorite game and favorite game OST of all time. Fuckin' heartbreaking shit right here.
Also I loved Torchwood, even though the whole show was a bigger web of love triangles than Legend of Korra. Solid soundtrack.

Last edited May 27, 2014 at 01:09PM EDT

That's pretty cool, it actually reminds me of some piece from an Assassin's Creed game, although I don't remember which one.

If I can post again after a few other people have gone, then I'll have other songs. It's impossible for me to choose a single favorite. Mario Galaxy, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, so many choices… I'm going to have to go with this first.

Shortly after 1:20 is what gets me every time, when you walk out of the bunker and see Washington in flames, the helicopters leaving with whatever civilians survived the attack… To me this was probably the greatest mission in any game ever made. Hans Zimmer is a god.

Last edited May 27, 2014 at 03:33PM EDT

If i have to think of one good about CoD, it would probably be this mission. It's just so amazing.

I really wish i could post more than one song at a time, because i know of so much great music. For now though, i'll stick with this one.

I have to take my hat off for Trigger. This was one of the first times where i shed a few tears over something fictional.

Shudders. The song isn't actually in the game, (it is written in a book inside the game) but it was used in the gameplay trailer.

@The Illustrious Reggie: COD's single player music is pretty awesome indeed.

Last edited May 27, 2014 at 05:37PM EDT

@soundwave
dude does all transformer music kick ass like the two ones you posted

now i know you guys might not be into rap, but just listen to this and tell me what you think

Last edited May 27, 2014 at 07:42PM EDT

@spider-byte
that songs brings back so many memories, especially the ones where i would fall through a random hole in the ground that for some reason popped up right in front of me. yep good times indeed

what ya'll know about old school toonami

Last edited May 27, 2014 at 09:52PM EDT

@Dr. Bots
This actually sounds like a good dance tune. Though I don't play Half Life.

Here's some REAL NES music for y'all. I'm serious, this came out of an NES.

Last edited May 28, 2014 at 09:05AM EDT

Holy crap. I knew I was missing out. Never got the chance to play Half-Life. Hearing this is pretty darn impressive, considering this rather old game ost can take on just about any modern AAA title's ost anyday.

Here's some hardcore Electric Guitar riffs for y'all. That's how you make a guitar sing. It's pretty long, the best song out of all of them imo would be the second one followed by the third so that far is good enough. This is just the mini-game music. The battle soundtrack is the best.

Last edited May 28, 2014 at 01:00PM EDT

I'll admit, that's an awesome song. Too bad I haven't played any Tekken though, I'm not good at any fighting games outside of Smash Bros. (I'm pitiful at Street Fighter).

Anyway, it's hard to get me to limit this to one song, I have listened to many OSTs in my time, both from Video Games and Anime. But if I have to pick anything, I'd have to pick Miror B's theme from XD: Gale of Darkness, solely because it's Miror B.

Just look at his afro, is that not the afro of a God?

Is it not?

@ Dr. Bots. You're turning this thread into "listen to half-life ost" quite fast aren't ya? 'Course not that there's anything wrong with that. I dig it so far.

Hmm… Never was a fan of Tekken. I'm more of a single player dude since I don't really have anybody to play fighting games with [cries in corner]. But ahem yeah the music. It's nice. Totally nice. I find it hard to picture a Tekken duel as it plays though; it's pretty light and melodic to the ears.

And whoa, that funky music. Totally different from a bunch of the osts posted so far and I dig how it adds color to the thread. I'm swimming in melodic tunes now people.

Here's some more hardcore Guitar riffs. This is the music for the fights now. This music really begins to sink right into you once you get to the bloodbath in the elevator. Blood warping around, ripping enemies to bits, shooting bullets everywhere, using blood magic, fuck yeah.

Last edited May 28, 2014 at 08:33PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!