Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Eh, recommend me some songs

Last posted Jan 05, 2015 at 07:00AM EST. Added Dec 08, 2014 at 05:33AM EST
30 posts from 24 users

Well, I like listening to most stuff, and I do cherish good music, so I've decided to see what songs you guys can recommend for me.
My most preferred genres, however, are:
*Reggae
*Soul
*Rock (preferably with not a lot of shouting)
*Funk
So, if you guys could come up with some really good songs for me, that'd be great, thanks.
I'd also like to listen to more obscure artists, or even your own, home-made music, so hook me up please.

Ticklechap Crispybottom wrote:

Good music, you say?
Have a listen to this. It's not really a song, but the songs on this album flow together for the most part, so just listen till you get bored of it (which should be never, for the record):

Oh yeah, I should've put in the description for my request:
Albums are fine as well.

I can recommend a song from my favorite band, but to make it interesting, it's a song that's relatively unknown. This song is off of their least successful record and was not a single, yet I discovered it watching a certain video that contained several misheard lyrics from them. Hope you enjoy this one.

So this is the force our tastes on you thread? Awesome!

I have come to force this:

It's not really anything you asked for, but it's like half rock since it's a form of symphonic rock so I guess it's not totally unrelated. If you don't feel like listening through, skip to 2:27 for what makes the song amazing. Well, the build-up throughout the whole thing is also what makes it great, but if you don't feel like it at least try that part up until the end. Thx <3

Slutty Sam wrote:

So this is the force our tastes on you thread? Awesome!

I have come to force this:

It's not really anything you asked for, but it's like half rock since it's a form of symphonic rock so I guess it's not totally unrelated. If you don't feel like listening through, skip to 2:27 for what makes the song amazing. Well, the build-up throughout the whole thing is also what makes it great, but if you don't feel like it at least try that part up until the end. Thx <3

I'm not asking for anything specific, really, just that those genres are the ones I listen to the most.
But still, that song = pretty friggin ebin

All very good music, I must say! (Except for Snickerway's suggestion, which is better than everything on this list :^))
@ReadingThis Eh, yeah, that's probably a good idea.
Erm, my least favourite genres would have to be, er:

• Extremely "Girly" Bubblegum Pop (I like Bubblegum Pop though)
  • Screamo
  • Gangster Rap (Conscious Rap is more my thing, like Grandmaster Flash)
  • (IDK if this is a genre) Extremely slow buildup songs that only make the end worth listening to (If it's a fast paced buildup song, I'll most probably enjoy)
Last edited Dec 14, 2014 at 05:10AM EST

[must resist urge do ask for definition of "screamo"]
uh well, apart from dream theater and animals as leaders, there isn't much "no screaming/shouting" music on my shelf that you'd likely find any interest in.
ghostface killah's latest 2 releases are really great though (12 reasons to die/brown tape & 36 seasons), he's not gangsta rap, but not exactly conscious rap.

egotronic are really fun

Last edited Jan 04, 2015 at 02:45PM EST

Oooh, Minty. I should've been on this thread a long time ago. Anyways, I recommend to you Contact from Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, which is s very epic song and is the best on that album. I also recommend to you a hidden gem from Demon Days that I listened to the other day, Every Planet We Reach Is Dead, a slow but touching song and becomes better as the song progresses. I can't supply you links now because I comment from my iPhone. Happy listening!

Last edited Jan 05, 2015 at 07:02AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!