Every now and then I see a user wondering about his/her title. Sometimes what it means, other times how he/she got it. So here’s a thread explaining all of the titles and how they are gained.
Regular Titles: These are the titles that every normal user gets. These titles are based upon your contributions to the site and there are different titles for every type of contribution. These titles don’t share anything special related to the user and are gained when certain requirements have been met. Also see this thread for more information.
- Conversationalist: 1000 Forum Posts or Comments.
- Commentator: 100 Forum Posts or Comments.
- Gold Member: 50 Forum Posts or Comments.
- Lurker: 5 Forum Posts.
- Member: 5 Comments.
- Archivist: 500 Images or Videos.
- Collector: 100 Images or Videos.
Scrapbooker: 100 Images.
- Scrapbooker also grants the user the power to edit all images on the site, allowing them to add tags and sources. Certain higher titles still take priority over Scrapbooker, so a Conversationalist might also be able to use the feature if he/she uploaded enough images.
Entry Contributions (Contributions needed are unknown to me.)
- Research Advisor:
- Resident Researcher:
- Sr. Researcher:
- Researcher: 5 Entry Editorships.
- Jr. Researcher: 2 Entry Editorships.
The factors add up, so 600 comments and 600 forum posts is enough to make you a Conversationalist.
Brand New Member isn’t related to anything, this is given to new members until they’ve reached the requirements for a different title. Some titles have priorities over other titles, based on the type and amount of contributions they belong to.