Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

What counts as spam and flooding

Last posted Jul 27, 2014 at 11:24PM EDT. Added Jul 27, 2014 at 10:18PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

This was brought up in the mod forum, so to quote what RandomMan wrote there:

In image galleries, I look at flooding as to keep variety present and not make galleries a personal image dump of 100 images of the same character. Of course this varies per gallery. So 100 images of Ryuko in the Kill La Kill gallery is not a surprise given her status as a main character in a not too large cast. But in the case of a very broad topic such as the ENTIRE Gundam franchise, then 100 images of one single character in a short time span can be considered redundant and thus flooding.
Last edited Jul 27, 2014 at 11:03PM EDT

I think RandomMan put it best with one word: Redundant. I hope you agree that posting variations on the same character several dozen times is very redundant. It creates so much gallery overflow, and only a handful of those images will even get five upvotes, much less any comments.

For example, I've been uploading a few gifs of the recent SAO episodes to the SAO gallery. Now, if I were to make, say, 30 gifs per episode and upload all of those in a day or two--even though each one is "different"--I'm flooding the gallery with SAO gifs from just one episode.

Next time you feel compelled to do something similar, instead just upload your favorite nine or ten, or upload the ones you feel would receive the most traffic from users.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!