Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

KYM and Chrome

Last posted Aug 15, 2011 at 09:08PM EDT. Added Aug 11, 2011 at 11:15PM EDT
15 posts from 11 users

So ever since I changed to Google Chrome, I've been having nonstop issues with the site. Every time I open a new tab of KYM (with a KYM tab already open), it lags the browser horribly, even freezing it sometimes, and sometimes even causing all KYM tabs to crash (blue screen with the "something went wrong" message). If I've got say, two KYM tabs open, and I open a third one, it'll cause the entire browser to lag and/or freeze, and the page in the new tab doesn't even load until the lag is over and I go and F5 on it.

What's the deal? It's not my computer, because if I browse KYM in Firefox or IE, everything runs smoothly. I can open 10+ tabs and no issues.

And yes, it's JUST KYM. Every other site I've tried loads just fine, I tried it just now, spamclicked like 15 tabs of YouTube and they loaded fine with no lag.

Chrome version: 13.0.782.107
Extensions: AdBlock, NotScripts

Last edited Aug 11, 2011 at 11:28PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

I don't get that problem in RockMelt.
RockMelt is almost exactly like Chrome.

No, Rockmelt is almost exactly like Chromium.

There is a large difference between the two, and from my experience, KYM runs like shit for me in Chrome, but not Chromium and Rockmelt.

It may just be how the browser is set up, when it catches up to Chromium as a stable build, maybe it will be fixed, maybe it won't.

On the other hand, it may just be the site not having compatibility with Chrome. I have run across a few sites with the same problem. Perhaps it's Google's fault, I don't know.

For now, I recommend switching to Chromium, Rockmelt, or Firefox 5 for browsing KYM.

tumblrbot wrote:

No, Rockmelt is almost exactly like Chromium.

There is a large difference between the two, and from my experience, KYM runs like shit for me in Chrome, but not Chromium and Rockmelt.

It may just be how the browser is set up, when it catches up to Chromium as a stable build, maybe it will be fixed, maybe it won't.

On the other hand, it may just be the site not having compatibility with Chrome. I have run across a few sites with the same problem. Perhaps it's Google's fault, I don't know.

For now, I recommend switching to Chromium, Rockmelt, or Firefox 5 for browsing KYM.

Chrome is also based off of Chromium.

By the way, I actually find Oprah Web Browser to be the fastest for me, and not just for KYM, but everything.

Katie C. wrote:

Chrome is also based off of Chromium.

By the way, I actually find Oprah Web Browser to be the fastest for me, and not just for KYM, but everything.

I know. But Chrome does not update as regularly, and in benchmarks, loses to Chromium.

Opera is not a very popular browser, so I did not mention it.

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

>mfw I've never had a problem with KYM lagging and currently have about 9 tabs of it open.

(Also: Safari sucks balls…but then again IE comes after it in sucking shit.)

Very useful post…

I've never had a problem with KYM lagging either until I switched to Chrome.

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

This is rather odd, I personally have a terribly slow time with KYM on any browser that ISN'T chrome. In fact as I type this I have 3 KYM tabs open, and my computer will lag on Paint. So it couldn't be a problem with KYM.

I have 10 tabs open. On Chrome.

Aponymous wrote:

So ever since I changed to Google Chrome, I've been having nonstop issues with the site. Every time I open a new tab of KYM (with a KYM tab already open), it lags the browser horribly, even freezing it sometimes, and sometimes even causing all KYM tabs to crash (blue screen with the "something went wrong" message). If I've got say, two KYM tabs open, and I open a third one, it'll cause the entire browser to lag and/or freeze, and the page in the new tab doesn't even load until the lag is over and I go and F5 on it.

What's the deal? It's not my computer, because if I browse KYM in Firefox or IE, everything runs smoothly. I can open 10+ tabs and no issues.

And yes, it's JUST KYM. Every other site I've tried loads just fine, I tried it just now, spamclicked like 15 tabs of YouTube and they loaded fine with no lag.

Chrome version: 13.0.782.107
Extensions: AdBlock, NotScripts

Your computer has problems, not Chrome.
I use Chrome too, no problems here.

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

Your computer has problems, not Chrome.
I use Chrome too, no problems here.

I back this theory up. Yesterday I was on a library computer and KYM lagged, then crashed the browser after having 5-7 tabs open. Now I'm on a different library computer today and have had none of these problems. (Btw the browser was Firefox and the computer specs on their systems aren't too bad horrible.)

I've been pretty much using Chrome exclusively for browsing KYM since I downloaded it a few months ago, and it's never given me problems with the site. Got nine tabs of KYM open right now, and no lag that I can perceive.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!