Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Hey people. It's very important!

Last posted Feb 17, 2012 at 04:04PM EST. Added Feb 16, 2012 at 02:42PM EST
14 posts from 8 users

When you go to the deadpooled entries, you'll see pictures from the entry What I Really Do. It's getting really annoying. I wanted to check out the editor's profile and every user is a new member joined since under 14 hours ago! WTH?? Is this the same member with different usernames that wants to make such repetive entries but got deadpooled? or is it a spam?

Sweatie Killer wrote:

lol, there are two of these threads.

Proving Counts point.

That's actually from me moving the thread, it takes a couple minutes for the site to update that the thread is in a new section of the forum (or it gives people a few minutes to notice that it's being moved).

It's always been like that.

OMG, I've just spent several minutes looking at new submissions, and it's not just "What I do". It's a freaking memepocalypse out there. Is this the side-effect of those "College meme pages"? Are we seeing a sudden flood of n00bs of the type:

1) See a funny picture that somebody has labelled a "meme".
2) Assume "meme" means "funny picture".
3) Discover knowyourmeme.com.
4) Start uploading every funny picture you see as a completely new entry.

While I've agreed in the past that not allowing new users to make entries was a bad idea, I wonder if we're currently at a point where a temporary restriction might be warranted?

Brucker wrote:

OMG, I've just spent several minutes looking at new submissions, and it's not just "What I do". It's a freaking memepocalypse out there. Is this the side-effect of those "College meme pages"? Are we seeing a sudden flood of n00bs of the type:

1) See a funny picture that somebody has labelled a "meme".
2) Assume "meme" means "funny picture".
3) Discover knowyourmeme.com.
4) Start uploading every funny picture you see as a completely new entry.

While I've agreed in the past that not allowing new users to make entries was a bad idea, I wonder if we're currently at a point where a temporary restriction might be warranted?

Well, a temporary suspension might be appropriate.
Maybe just as soon as you hit Gold Member you should be able to make pages, just so you have to do a lot of commenting in the hopes that you discover what a meme is.

I have personally deadpooled six entries today (I think; I may have lost count). I don't know what the typical rate of adding to the deadpool is, but there have been over 100 added in the last week.

Edit to add: Now I'm curious because of this
Four minutes from submission to deadpool. Do you suppose that's a record?

Edit again: Never mind. Just under two minutes. Only because I didn't have to take the time to figure out if it might be valid like the previous one.

Last edited Feb 16, 2012 at 10:36PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!