Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
A Few Proposals That I Think People Would Find Agreeable.

Last posted Feb 23, 2012 at 03:58AM EST. Added Feb 17, 2012 at 10:46PM EST
7 posts from 6 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

1. Can whomever runs the site add a rule that bans anyone who says "+1 X"? Or even better, make it so their comment wont post if "+1" is anywhere in it. Don't even make an announcement of it, I find the idea of them thinking the comment box is broken for just them hilarious.

2. Have a label for stuff that isn't directly a meme. My Little Pony isn't a meme, that's like calling Spongebob Squarepants or The Backyardigans a meme. Economic protests are not memes, that's like calling the Boston Tea Party or the situation in Italy a meme.

EDIT: Nevermind that, I wasn't looking close enough.

3. Delete Deadpool entries, nobody wants them. I could write a 5-paragraph persuasive speech on why you should remove deadpool pages. Instead make a list of deadpool topics so as not to distract everyone from what they're actually looking for.

4. More desu. There just… I don't know, there just isn't enough, you know?

5.I guarantee you that half the people on this site don't know the terms and conditions or even a vague definition of what a meme is. There needs to be some kind of obvious ToS or FAQ, plus an acceptable definition of what constitutes an internet meme on the front page or something.

I don't know, just my opinion.

Last edited Feb 17, 2012 at 11:11PM EST

1. No, just, no.

2. You mean like these labels that already appear at the top of entries?

3. Been over this too many times. Dig through the suggestions thread for answers.

4. Inb4 Suisei. And just no.

5. Good idea, but I believe it was already suggested multiple times in the suggestions thread. That and:

/thread

Last edited Feb 17, 2012 at 10:54PM EST

Ben wrote:

1. Can whomever runs the site add a rule that bans anyone who says "+1 X"? Or even better, make it so their comment wont post if "+1" is anywhere in it. Don't even make an announcement of it, I find the idea of them thinking the comment box is broken for just them hilarious.

2. Have a label for stuff that isn't directly a meme. My Little Pony isn't a meme, that's like calling Spongebob Squarepants or The Backyardigans a meme. Economic protests are not memes, that's like calling the Boston Tea Party or the situation in Italy a meme.

3. Delete Deadpool entries, nobody wants them. I could write a 5-paragraph persuasive speech on why you should remove deadpool pages. Instead make a list of deadpool topics so as not to distract everyone from what they're actually looking for.

5.I guarantee you that half the people on this site don't know the terms and conditions or even a vague definition of what a meme is. There needs to be some kind of obvious ToS or FAQ, plus an acceptable definition of what constitutes an internet meme on the front page or something.

1. 1 comments aren't that bad and easily ignorable. Banning someone over it or disabling the ability to post "1" things would be a bit silly.

2. We have something for this already. An entry can be labeled as a subculture when it is not a meme by itself.

3. We discuss this a lot. The general opinion is that it's better to leave them be unless they are blatant spam.

4. Of course.

5. Once again we have discussed this before and if I recall correctly the way it currently should work better than a pop-up of the rules during entry creation of anything of that sort.

edit: damn it Random

Last edited Feb 17, 2012 at 10:53PM EST

The reason we don't delete deadpooled entries is because we, as moderators, aren't infallible and we can make wrong judgements. The deadpool is our safety net in that users can still find entries that have been submitted, even if we didn't think they were memes, and expound on them, thus proving us incorrect, at which point it can be moved back into submissions.

1. No
2. Who said anything about the Backyardigans..? And we have this already (explained above)
3. Been over this WAAYYY too much
4.DESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESU
5. No one ever reads the terms and agreements to anything. Deal with it.

I don't know if I can delete this thread because of it's flaws or not, so I'm just gonna say:

- Ignore #2, it's actually quite embarrassing how little I checked that.
- As for #3, yeah, I suppose it's probably asking too much get rid or them (and I knew in the back of my head that there would be no clear method for doing so), but the search function needs work. when I try to search for a meme I don't know the specific title of there's about 7 pages of results (3-4 of those full of obvious deadpool entries). More tags or something.
- As for #5, I know there's never going to be a definition of meme on the site because nobody wants constant messages about how there isn't a more clear cut definition from slapping "internet" and a vague old-English word together. I'm not trying to be a moralfag about the ToS or FAQ, but I think it should at least be easily accessible (this is a rather big site after all).

Last edited Feb 21, 2012 at 05:24PM EST

Ben wrote:

Even though your a Commentator I still think your a BNM.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!