Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

14,272 total conversations in 1,033 threads

+ New Thread


New KYM Layout? - Important info missing!

Last posted Apr 23, 2012 at 01:29PM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2012 at 04:09PM EDT
14 posts from 9 users

Today I wanted to change my profile settings and then, what do I see?

Yes, the new layout (maybe) of KYM will be changed… Might be this true? Or why is it so different in there? Let me know…

Mar 31, 2012 at 04:09PM EDT
Quote

It’s the older layout. This issue has already been addressed before. It now only appears in the edit pages.

Mar 31, 2012 at 04:10PM EDT
Quote

Mister J wrote:

It’s the older layout. This issue has already been addressed before. It now only appears in the edit pages.

hmm… are there any other screenshots of the old KYM layout page?

Mar 31, 2012 at 04:11PM EDT
Quote

Unlocking because I realized today that this raises another question: In short, remember this?

How to Write a Meme Entry
To ensure that your entry can be confirmed it must be factual, informative, and verifiable. Please follow these guidelines for creating an entry in the meme database.
Before creating a new entry, search for it in the database. If a meme entry already exists, your entry will be marked invalid.

  • DO refer to the KYMdb Style Guide
  • DO NOT create an entry for the sake of launching your own original creations.
  • DO create entries for pre-existing memes that are not yet covered in the database.
  • DO NOT add javascript (google insights, twitter feeds, etc) to an entry until after it is submitted
  • DO provide credible information about what the meme is, how it started, who started it, where it was started, where it has spread to, and when applicable how it has changed over time.
  • DO cite your sources by linking back to other sites where your information was found.
  • DO provide real statistics such as search volume and view counts.
  • DO NOT use hyperbolic statements such as “the best meme ever” or “the latest, bestest, awesomest meme OMG!”
  • DO write about what happened from an objective point of view, not about yourself or personal opinions.
  • DO write your entry like Party Hard.
  • DO NOT write your entry like Super Robo Jesus.
    For more information, please see the FAQ.

Yeah, this useful bit of info used to appear on the sidebar of the new entry creation page. Now that area is conspicuously blank. I think this should be fixed.

Apr 21, 2012 at 06:33PM EDT
Quote

Brucker wrote:

Unlocking because I realized today that this raises another question: In short, remember this?

How to Write a Meme Entry
To ensure that your entry can be confirmed it must be factual, informative, and verifiable. Please follow these guidelines for creating an entry in the meme database.
Before creating a new entry, search for it in the database. If a meme entry already exists, your entry will be marked invalid.

  • DO refer to the KYMdb Style Guide
  • DO NOT create an entry for the sake of launching your own original creations.
  • DO create entries for pre-existing memes that are not yet covered in the database.
  • DO NOT add javascript (google insights, twitter feeds, etc) to an entry until after it is submitted
  • DO provide credible information about what the meme is, how it started, who started it, where it was started, where it has spread to, and when applicable how it has changed over time.
  • DO cite your sources by linking back to other sites where your information was found.
  • DO provide real statistics such as search volume and view counts.
  • DO NOT use hyperbolic statements such as “the best meme ever” or “the latest, bestest, awesomest meme OMG!”
  • DO write about what happened from an objective point of view, not about yourself or personal opinions.
  • DO write your entry like Party Hard.
  • DO NOT write your entry like Super Robo Jesus.
    For more information, please see the FAQ.

Yeah, this useful bit of info used to appear on the sidebar of the new entry creation page. Now that area is conspicuously blank. I think this should be fixed.

That’s no longer there?
I fully agree with you. We should put this back in. How do we expect people to know not to try to promote their own creations if there’s literally nothing telling them?

Apr 21, 2012 at 09:09PM EDT
Quote

I was rather glad today to have a “Brand New User” ask me what he needed to know before creating an entry, and I thought I’d just point him to that guide, but as far as I know, this thread is now the only place it appears on the site. Although I know a lot of users don’t bother to read it, but for those that do, it’s invaluable.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:50AM EDT
Quote

That guide helped me immensely when I first started editing. Even if we can’t make everyone read it, it was useful.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:54PM EDT
Quote

I still think that info should be made more prominent in the “Submit an Entry” page, as in located above all the ‘Details’ stuff, but at the very least, it should be brought back as a sidebar.

Apr 22, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT
Quote

Agreed. Without the sidebar at all we will get a lot more Deadpool Junk.

However, I like those bits of layout actually. They seem very clean.

Apr 22, 2012 at 05:37PM EDT
Quote

We are discussing an update in the rules atm. I just hope when they get back up they’re updated as well.

Apr 22, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

We are discussing an update in the rules atm. I just hope when they get back up they’re updated as well.

You’ve piqued my curiosity; what sort of update? Or is it a surprise? Why as a database mod was I not made aware of such things?

Apr 23, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT
Quote

Brucker wrote:

You’ve piqued my curiosity; what sort of update? Or is it a surprise? Why as a database mod was I not made aware of such things?

They actually should’ve updated last week, but I guess the staff’s late.

As for why you are unaware of this: I dunno, this information should’ve been received through the mod chain mail. The same one through where we receive all the requests and suggestions. Perhaps you never check that. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, send the staff your mail and they’ll add you. I do advice you to use a secondary mail or something, as you receive quite some standard stuff through it.

I won’t go into details about the new rules here to avoid users intervening. So if you want to know more about that, just send me a PM.

Apr 23, 2012 at 06:33AM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

They actually should’ve updated last week, but I guess the staff’s late.

As for why you are unaware of this: I dunno, this information should’ve been received through the mod chain mail. The same one through where we receive all the requests and suggestions. Perhaps you never check that. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, send the staff your mail and they’ll add you. I do advice you to use a secondary mail or something, as you receive quite some standard stuff through it.

I won’t go into details about the new rules here to avoid users intervening. So if you want to know more about that, just send me a PM.

i knew i forgot to do something last week

Apr 23, 2012 at 01:29PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!