Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Well...its been some time than i am seeing this.

Last posted Jun 14, 2012 at 03:08PM EDT. Added Jun 12, 2012 at 03:16PM EDT
10 posts from 3 users

Its been a certain time that i'm observing certain memes and their comments regarding views.

i really don't know what to say, i mean…..does views are really that important? a lot users claims that…"no its not", while others goes like "HELL YEAH IT DOES"

them why we won,t remove the view counts for a certain period of time, to see what will happen?

(both "people" probably won't like this idea)

Dat grammar.

I guess this is related to the Popular Entries and that MLP is currently beaten by 2 rage faces.

And no, we won't remove the views to an entry. Although it might not always be relevant to the spread of the meme itself, it is certainly important for the spread on KYM and still partially related to the spread of the meme. Although not everyone comments on an entry, their views are still counted. Entries like those rage faces are used in the mainstream a lot more often than MLP. Of course MLP is bigger atm online, but that doesn't mean it's also more popular in the mainstream. Users don't need an account for their views to be registered.

For example: Arrow to the Knee also has a huge amount of views compared to its upload date. But you can't argue that it was extremely popular (although short-lived). So imagine its amount of views if it stayed as popular as it was back then.

Plus, going back to the MLP being beaten atm, we can't forget that a lot of the views on the MLP page are given to the image gallery. Many users just jump directly to the image page and skip the main entry.

So perhaps a seperate view counter is needed for image and video pages (would love to have that as well). But we won't remove the views, as they are still relevant to the meme.

Plus you can also check the amount of uploaded images and videos for comparing the popularity of memes and entries. If it makes you feel better, MLP is winning there by a landslide.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 03:40PM EDT

i see, you make a lot of good points(sorry for my grammar, my english isn't good)

but i wasn't referring to just MLP, but generally…

also its is normal a single entry page to receive drastically amounts of views, like 800.000 in a week?

El gavilán luchador wrote:

i see, you make a lot of good points(sorry for my grammar, my english isn't good)

but i wasn't referring to just MLP, but generally…

also its is normal a single entry page to receive drastically amounts of views, like 800.000 in a week?

Depends on the situation. If it's a huge event that reaches the news everywhere, 800k is certainly possible.

@RandomMan

it is possible if they are new right? but…they are quite old… plus i noticed that some received more than 100k yesterday.

unfortunately i did some research and…i found that its possible to "cheat" any website views

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 04:51PM EDT

El gavilán luchador wrote:

@RandomMan

it is possible if they are new right? but…they are quite old… plus i noticed that some received more than 100k yesterday.

unfortunately i did some research and…i found that its possible to "cheat" any website views

Can you give some examples of both?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!