Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

14,609 total conversations in 1,056 threads

+ New Thread


Adobe Sponsorship?

Last posted Oct 06, 2012 at 07:05PM EDT. Added Sep 26, 2012 at 09:20AM EDT
16 posts from 13 users

I saw this morning that the Misunderstood D-bag entry had a banner with Adobe’s logo, rather than the standard “confirmed,” “remember,” etc. Is it safe to assume that they are our newest sponsors?

Sep 26, 2012 at 09:20AM EDT
Quote

No, that’s just our new meme classification.

In the native language, adobe means something similar to joyous or beautiful. So if it’s a really good one, we label it as an ‘Adobe Meme.’

Sep 26, 2012 at 09:42AM EDT
Quote

Ha, Ha, Chris, you’re hilarious.

I’ll PM you, Fridge. Chris seems unwilling to give a straight answer, so I’ll show you privately.

Last edited Sep 26, 2012 at 10:50AM EDT
Sep 26, 2012 at 10:49AM EDT
Quote

The hostility, Twitlord, I love it.
Anyway, I have yet to see an Adobe banner. If you continue to see Adobe banners, logically they’re probably one of our sponsors.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:58AM EDT
Quote

I’m pretty sure that Adobe’s been sponsoring us for a few months now, actually.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:57AM EDT
Quote

opspe wrote:

I’m pretty sure that Adobe’s been sponsoring us for a few months now, actually.

If that is true, that’s interesting.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:01PM EDT
Quote

opspe wrote:

I’m pretty sure that Adobe’s been sponsoring us for a few months now, actually.

Just since the beginning of September, the first post was on September 5th, linking to College Freshman. Another sponsored post for this campaign won’t appear again until 10/9.

The campaign links back to Cheezburger’s College Memes site, which is campus humor. I’m not sure of the details on how long that’s running for, but I assume longer than 10/9.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:45PM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

The hostility, Twitlord, I love it.
Anyway, I have yet to see an Adobe banner. If you continue to see Adobe banners, logically they’re probably one of our sponsors.

most of the ads i see are for stuff i’ve searched for on google (which is dumb, they’re showing me stuff i’ve already bought) so banners don’t necessarily mean sponsors but do you guys see these banners because every time i do i crack up

Last edited Sep 26, 2012 at 12:51PM EDT
Sep 26, 2012 at 12:50PM EDT
Quote

amanda b. wrote:

most of the ads i see are for stuff i’ve searched for on google (which is dumb, they’re showing me stuff i’ve already bought) so banners don’t necessarily mean sponsors but do you guys see these banners because every time i do i crack up

It’s not always things I’ve searched. I know this because the other day, there was a banner saying I could be Justin Bieber’s ideal girl. The fact that I’m not a girl is not even the main reason why it’s wrong. But anyway, I was wondering, how come they only sponser advice animal spin-offs?

Sep 26, 2012 at 01:01PM EDT
Quote

amanda b. wrote:

most of the ads i see are for stuff i’ve searched for on google (which is dumb, they’re showing me stuff i’ve already bought) so banners don’t necessarily mean sponsors but do you guys see these banners because every time i do i crack up

I used to get a bunch of Romney autoplays. I also tend to get stuff like this.

Sep 26, 2012 at 04:19PM EDT
Quote

I have web streaming services advertising right now. I got an MLP toy ad earlier this week, and I wasn’t even in the Pony thread at the time.

Sep 26, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT
Quote

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

I used to get a bunch of Romney autoplays. I also tend to get stuff like this.

If you get autoplay ads, please report them here.

Sep 26, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT
Quote

Twenty-One wrote:

It’s not always things I’ve searched. I know this because the other day, there was a banner saying I could be Justin Bieber’s ideal girl. The fact that I’m not a girl is not even the main reason why it’s wrong. But anyway, I was wondering, how come they only sponser advice animal spin-offs?

WAIT. you’re NOT justin bieber’s ideal girl?

my world is crushed…..

As for your serious question, we don’t pick what gets sponsored, the client usually has an idea (in this case, college related topics) and then pick stuff that’s related on our site. Image macro series are probably the only ones chosen because they’re often the most accessible to these ad people. Additionally, it’s affected by the way people have misinterpreted the word “meme” in the general population. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve heard the word “meme-ing” to refer to putting a caption on a picture. A lot of people think of a “meme” as “picture with funny words on it.” It’s part of the reason why this site is so important.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:09AM EDT
Quote

amanda b. wrote:

most of the ads i see are for stuff i’ve searched for on google (which is dumb, they’re showing me stuff i’ve already bought) so banners don’t necessarily mean sponsors but do you guys see these banners because every time i do i crack up

I’ve seen ridiculous ads before, but this one just takes the cake…

I’ll show myself out…

Last edited Sep 27, 2012 at 11:35AM EDT
Sep 27, 2012 at 11:31AM EDT
Quote

I guess my only this is that a lot of the OC that gets posted to this site -- was probably made with pirated adobe programs. It’s just a little ironic haha

Sep 27, 2012 at 04:42PM EDT

ivanp wrote:

I’ve seen ridiculous ads before, but this one just takes the cake…

I’ll show myself out…

Oct 06, 2012 at 07:05PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!