Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

14,269 total conversations in 1,033 threads

+ New Thread

Videos Covering Comment Boxes

Last posted Feb 23, 2013 at 02:42AM EST. Added Feb 22, 2013 at 11:43PM EST
5 posts from 4 users

Over the past couple of days, I’ve been having issues with video embedded frames covering comment boxes. It’s less of an issue on images, as the sidebar is smaller. Profile videos however have been covering almost the entire box.

Example:

It’s become kind of annoying to have to close the popup frame, strategically place the frame somewhere else, and then resume. Has there been something done on the site lately that causes video frames to stay in the foreground, or is this all on my end?

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:43PM EST

I don’t know if that’s a problem that can be fixed though, or even who around here would have the power to try and change the way the site “works” like that.

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:55PM EST

Its the YT embed function overriding the text box layout
Programming issue, not much we or mods can do

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:08AM EST

Just had to use my profile for this, huh?

But seriously, I think Pyro nailed it. I think I’ve had that issue for a while, and I’ve just gotten used to making sure that the frame is adjusted before adding a post on a profile.

James is off for the weekend, I believe, and the staff on the whole may be quite busy this upcoming week. So it may be a while before we get the official answer of “There’s nothing that can be done.” Hopefully, there is something that can be done though.

Feb 23, 2013 at 02:00AM EST

Verbose wrote:

Just had to use my profile for this, huh?

But seriously, I think Pyro nailed it. I think I’ve had that issue for a while, and I’ve just gotten used to making sure that the frame is adjusted before adding a post on a profile.

James is off for the weekend, I believe, and the staff on the whole may be quite busy this upcoming week. So it may be a while before we get the official answer of “There’s nothing that can be done.” Hopefully, there is something that can be done though.

I used yours because it was one of the smaller videos I knew of. Most people don’t change their embed sizes, so they cover almost the entire box. Yours fit well enough that people could see the problem, and still know what the heck was going on.

I do hope something can be done about it. I didn’t have problems with this in the past, so I thought it was a more recent issue (like a site update changing around foreground-background positions). I was actually wanting it to be an idiot-class issue on my part, just so it could be an easy fix. Oh well.

Feb 23, 2013 at 02:42AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!