Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

"Access Denied" error message

Last posted Apr 15, 2013 at 02:05PM EDT. Added Apr 15, 2013 at 05:01AM EDT
6 posts from 3 users

Every so often on this site, as I'm going about my dorkish business, I get an error message sying something like

"Error: Access denied
Line=1
Char=1
Continue running scripts?
Yes No"

Hitting either yes or no does nothing; the only way of getting rid of the window is via ctr alt del, and if I try to follow the same link again in that session, I get the same error. If, however, I restart there's a chance I'll be able to get at the link that caused this thing the first time round, though the error will inevtiably crop up somewhere else on the site a little later.

Does the problem lie in my computer, or is this an issue with the site as a whole that other people are experiencing too? Talk to me, oh fellow web-culture enthusiasts!

I got a message from Firefox 20 about a day or two ago about scripts. Something along the lines of "blah blah blah Continue running scripts?"

I click no, nothing appears to change but stuff starts working.

So maybe its some background script?.

Also, what version of IE are you running? 8/9/10?

@IvanP91v – my message is pretty much that except it just makes another error noise whether I press yes or no. As I say, it says "access denied" on line one character 1, and I'm not gonna lie, I can only guess at what that actually means.

However, i am still running ie 9. Therein may well lie the problem – I'll dowload ten posthaste, see if that sorts it. Thanks, guys.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!