Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

14,164 total conversations in 1,027 threads

+ New Thread

First Person Perspective Titles

Last posted Sep 07, 2013 at 12:10AM EDT. Added Aug 25, 2013 at 09:24PM EDT
7 posts from 4 users

What does these have in common:
“I Want to C** Inside Rainbow Dash” and “I Hope Senpai Would Notice Me”? Well, they all have titles written in first person perspective, and they originated from Japan. But the big question is why? Does “I Hope You Stepped on A Lego Brick” have something to do with Japan? Talk abaout it.

Aug 25, 2013 at 09:24PM EDT

Those are entries based on catchphrases, catchphrases that are commonly used from a first-person perspective from the perspective of the person posting it. So yeah, as a title for an entry it might appear weird, but it’s correct with what the entry covers.

Aug 26, 2013 at 03:18PM EDT

Yes I know that, it’s just that it’s creppy to see pretty much of these memes with the same title style was originated from Japan. I guess I had a thing to say: Welcome to Japan

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:02AM EDT

Yea, I really don’t think the memes you mentioned actually originated from Japan, because “IWTCIRD” was first started on 4chan, and “I Hope You Step on a Lego” became popular on the western web. “I Hope Senpai Notice Me” is only one you mentioned that is related to Japan, and that’s because it’s a cliche line taken from Japanese anime.

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:57AM EDT

I looked close enough, and this is what i got: Japanese FPP titles seems like the persona is speaking to somebody else, Instead any titles made outside of Japan, that could possibly talking to the persona itself, as in “Please, I hope senpai would notice me…”

Sep 05, 2013 at 11:57PM EDT

I’m pretty sure it’s just a coincidence of phrase.

Sep 07, 2013 at 12:10AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!