Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,691 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Art sourcing

Last posted Jan 19, 2014 at 04:49PM EST. Added Jan 19, 2014 at 03:58PM EST
4 posts from 4 users

This seems to be a common problem among most 'memes', AKA (( Enhanced/ruined childhood, etc. )) People tend to find that one picture they like on google images, save it, and post it on here without no recognition/source to the artist. As an artist myself, this pisses me off. Seeing other peoples great art pieces being plastered over a website that's full of advice animals and crappy memes alike.

Let me give you a quick rundown of actual sources:

-Deviantart

-Pixiv

What's not a source=

-Weheartit

-Zerochan

Now. How do you exactly want to find the source for a picture you found here? It's nothing but a simple right click, and search for the image on google. Unless the picture's been reposted so many god damn times, you'll find the source for the actual artist in the first few links.

That or you just click and drag it into the google image search.

I'll add to this in a bit.

As a creator of image macros AKA maymays AKA memes IDGAF about being acknowledged. I love when my "art" gets spread around and seen by thousands of people. The internet is a harsh mistress and if you are looking for acknowledgement all you have to do is fail and fail hard.

SAUCE Raphael -The Ansidei Madonna

Problem is that sometimes sources are lost on the internet. I hope you can understand how the originals tend to get hard to find on this large web, and that in the thick fog the wrong "origin" may come forward.

I'm of course referencing to art stealing. Sure, you can throw the image in Google images and dig back, but a lot of time people won't consider the fact that the piece might've been stolen from someone else. Even on places you see as legit sources, like DeviantArt, Tumblr and Pixiv, people steal art. We'll then assume that the current poster was the original one, because some art stealers are very good in making it look the piece was created by them.

Last edited Jan 19, 2014 at 04:50PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!