Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Where is this "hide pony content" button you guys speak of?

Last posted Feb 22, 2014 at 10:37PM EST. Added Feb 22, 2014 at 12:10PM EST
12 posts from 7 users

Well, I know there's one specific to the image galleries.

Look above the "Today's Top Image Galleries" panel on the right side of the page when you click on the Images tab. You should a green button that says "Show Fewer Ponies."

See Owens' image above.

That probably doesn't affect what entries you see and it won't hide all of the images (which is why it says "Show fewer ponies.") And it probably doesn't affect crossover images, especially if they aren't tagged.

But otherwise, it's gotten to a point where MLP content hardly floods everything. If you happen to see an image in an unrelated gallery but it is an instance of that entry (i.e., crossover images), then you may just have to accept that. KnowYourMeme implemented that button, because MLP content was threatening to flood out everything, and that was detrimental to us documenting and exhibiting research.

But there's no reason for us to filter MLP from the site altogether. Besides, we don't have the tagging or staff/moderator/scrapbooker resources to uphold the system even if all of the images were tagged and the filters were in place for individual preferences.

Zoxphyl wrote:

You guys keep saying there's a green button to the side when searching for KYM images that reads "show fewer ponies", yet I see no such thing.

that's because it doesn't show on searches, only actual image galleries

I can't tell if you're trolling at this point, or legitimately haven't figured it out in five hours.

Just in case it's the latter, I'll continue to try and be helpful.

If you click Images in the navigation bar at the top, it will take you to the Image Search page. At the right side, just like in my screenshot, there is a green button.

Press this button. Press it like you've never pressed before.

This will only remove ponies from the image galleries during your search. It is impossible to completely remove ponies from appearing in other places on the site.

Last edited Feb 22, 2014 at 05:26PM EST

Wightprincess wrote:

I can't tell if you're trolling at this point, or legitimately haven't figured it out in five hours.

Just in case it's the latter, I'll continue to try and be helpful.

If you click Images in the navigation bar at the top, it will take you to the Image Search page. At the right side, just like in my screenshot, there is a green button.

Press this button. Press it like you've never pressed before.

This will only remove ponies from the image galleries during your search. It is impossible to completely remove ponies from appearing in other places on the site.

I had no idea that it was only present in the "images" button on the navigation site; I never use that button and completely forgot it existed.

Well, now I feel like a complete jackass :/

Apologies it took so long to get this thread resolved; I've been in the supermarket for most of today.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!