Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,691 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Does KYM Document Who Tags Images?

Last posted Mar 05, 2014 at 06:33PM EST. Added Mar 04, 2014 at 11:52PM EST
8 posts from 5 users

I was just wondering, because I know there is a Thank You Award for extensive tagging, but as far as I know, no one can really tell who tags a lot and who doesn't outside of testimonials which may or may not be true. Can certain people see this? The rest are pretty obvious (Pokemon expert, Pony expert, 4chan expert, cat expert, etc.)

RandomMan wrote:

Mods have access to a page in the Admin Area which shows what users have been making edits to images. Whether this is the title, tags, or description.
It shows the dominant names of people who tag a lot because those simply pop up a lot, but a total number isn’t shown. You’d have to ask James if there’s a way to see how many times someone has tagged images.

That is from the other thread.

So yes, there is a way to know who is adding tags.

Edit: I shouldn't say this but, don't expect to get a reward for adding tags. Is not a contest or a race. Is far more better to do it because is the right thing to do than doing it only for a silly badge/title/whatever.

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 12:29AM EST

@Loli

That would make sense. I'm just curious because I've been seriously picking up intense tagging lately. I'm just wondering if my effort is fruitless or not. Even if no one notices, I'd still keep going anyways because untagged pics piss me the hell off.

Thanks!

I asked James about it. Although there is sorta a record of who tags images, those records sometimes get overwritten if someone else edits the image later. I meant to ask if there was a way to see how many tags a certain user has put on images on the site as a whole, but considering how much I tag, I felt that it might look like I was asking for attention.

Although I would personally like to see people used more and better tags I agree with Loli. You should do it to make the site better and easier to find things and what not. However, it seems like you are doing that already, so keep it up.

As wonderful as it is that you're tagging so much, it's a very unappreciated job as far as most users are concerned. Not only are new "blank" images being uploaded every day, but thousands already exist. As I mentioned to Loli earlier, we need to make users realize that this little thing is important. Maybe when my midterms are over we can have, like, a "Tagging Awareness Week" or something. Actually, while that sounded really dumb in my head, it may not be a half-bad idea. Maybe we can construct a plan to raise awareness not only for tagging, but for KYM images in general. Hell, worst case scenario is no one listens to us; why not give it a shot?

That Glaceon wrote:

As wonderful as it is that you're tagging so much, it's a very unappreciated job as far as most users are concerned. Not only are new "blank" images being uploaded every day, but thousands already exist. As I mentioned to Loli earlier, we need to make users realize that this little thing is important. Maybe when my midterms are over we can have, like, a "Tagging Awareness Week" or something. Actually, while that sounded really dumb in my head, it may not be a half-bad idea. Maybe we can construct a plan to raise awareness not only for tagging, but for KYM images in general. Hell, worst case scenario is no one listens to us; why not give it a shot?

This is true. I think we could give this a go. I already put a big message up on my wall in like 30 pt. font telling people to tag their stuff. It's surprising who doesn't tag. Most of the staff don't even tag their stuff ironically. For example, on the "admin area" appointed for scrapbookers, I cleaned out over 100 pics yesterday, but today they're all back plus some more. It's ridiculous. Just us alone can't solve this problem. I think awareness can help us out in the long run.

Tagging is important of course. I don't always tag my stuff unfortunately, but I know it's best to do.

Jacob wrote:

I meant to ask if there was a way to see how many tags a certain user has put on images on the site as a whole, but considering how much I tag

I would be more interested in the amount of images a person tagged, not the amount of tags.

Your reason is probably images you give 10 tags vs. people who add 1 tag.
My reason is more that people add a lot of bullshit tags, and I can easily dig up examples even amongst the posters in this thread.

So it's a matter of where you place more value.

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 05:07AM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Tagging is important of course. I don't always tag my stuff unfortunately, but I know it's best to do.

Jacob wrote:

I meant to ask if there was a way to see how many tags a certain user has put on images on the site as a whole, but considering how much I tag

I would be more interested in the amount of images a person tagged, not the amount of tags.

Your reason is probably images you give 10 tags vs. people who add 1 tag.
My reason is more that people add a lot of bullshit tags, and I can easily dig up examples even amongst the posters in this thread.

So it's a matter of where you place more value.

I honestly don't care how it's recorded, I just want to know how it is. I'd have to agree though that images tagged is probably more reliable than individual tags.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!