Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

A possible solution to the photo overload?

Last posted Dec 05, 2009 at 02:23PM EST. Added Dec 04, 2009 at 10:24PM EST
19 posts from 7 users

For meme entries like "fsjal", there is too much content, ie. way too many photo submissions. So I thought I would suggest a possible solution that might freeze less browsers. It's just a thought as a (future) web designer/developer:

That would take too long to see all of them though. There could be up to 25 on the main page, then you could click on a "See More Pictures" button, carrying you to a collection of all pictures for an entry, 25 at a time.

Jamiedubs has mentioned the need for pagination of images in the past. I don't think we're going to get it just yet, (that guy's got a LOT on his plate) but we're aware of the issue.

@Jumpstyler:
If you're running a developer build, you can add --purge-memory-button to the "Target" section of the shortcut (icon) to add a "Purge Memory" button to Chrome's task manager. If you press this before clicking the link, you can load the fsjal entry. It still takes forever, but you'll be able to free up enough space to load it without having to kill any tabs.

@Thread:
Yeah, this needs to be fixed. The paged interface would be way better than waiting for all the images to load. I can't even load the fsjal entry on any other browser besides Chrome.

possibly some Javascript/ AJAX (for the webdev minded) would do just fine so that it doesn't need a page reload. And possibly some jQuery (also for the webdev minded) for a cool transition?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!