Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

14,313 total conversations in 1,034 threads

+ New Thread


ok....question about "wall posts"

Last posted Apr 06, 2014 at 03:38PM EDT. Added Apr 05, 2014 at 09:59PM EDT
8 posts from 8 users

lol u would think i would know this since ive been a active member for so long…ok…when i go to the main page, it says i have 4 wall posts…for the last few days is been jumping from 1 – 5…yet i have no new posts on my wall…do wall post count for people posting on images i upload?

Apr 05, 2014 at 09:59PM EDT
Quote

I’ve wondered about this as well. What is their definition of “new”.

Apr 05, 2014 at 10:02PM EDT

Panda wrote:

I’ve wondered about this as well. What is their definition of “new”.

From what it seems, every wall post is considered “new” for 4 days after it’s been posted.

Last edited Apr 05, 2014 at 10:54PM EDT
Apr 05, 2014 at 10:53PM EDT
Quote

Muffinlicious the Jade Fan wrote:

From what it seems, every wall post is considered “new” for 4 days after it’s been posted.

3-4 days yes, I don’t know the exact timeframe but wallposts are considered “new” for that period

Apr 06, 2014 at 10:20AM EDT
Quote

I feel like it should be changed to be like inbox messages so that when you check your wall it resets to zero. The way it currently works really bothers me. Not sure why. The number is almost worthless because I can never tell how many new ones there really are. Is this possible?

Apr 06, 2014 at 12:31PM EDT
Quote

Sam wrote:

I feel like it should be changed to be like inbox messages so that when you check your wall it resets to zero. The way it currently works really bothers me. Not sure why. The number is almost worthless because I can never tell how many new ones there really are. Is this possible?

I’ve never liked it myself. So I just started relying on notifications in my emails, but even those don’t seem to be reliable for me.

Maybe James will comment to see if that can be changed/if it’s feasible and worth the background work.

Apr 06, 2014 at 01:46PM EDT

Yeah, I never really got this. It seems like it should reset once you visit your page, but obviously this isn’t the case and it doesn’t work like the messages. Maybe we could get a button to mark wall post read/unread. (This would also be cool for messages as well, because sometimes I get a message and forget I haven’t responded to it yet.)

Apr 06, 2014 at 03:05PM EDT
Quote

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Yeah, I never really got this. It seems like it should reset once you visit your page, but obviously this isn’t the case and it doesn’t work like the messages. Maybe we could get a button to mark wall post read/unread. (This would also be cool for messages as well, because sometimes I get a message and forget I haven’t responded to it yet.)

I agree with you. But for me even the ‘look at and forget’ version would be good, about messages, I don’t get any so far. So it’s seems okay to me but I agree with you in that too, if that is good to you then it’s good to me too.

Apr 06, 2014 at 03:38PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!