Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

remove meme?

Last posted Apr 20, 2014 at 11:11AM EDT. Added Apr 07, 2014 at 04:16AM EDT
11 posts from 7 users

You're going to have to be more specific.

Is there an article you made that you want to be deleted? Do you disagree with the inclusion of an article on the site? Do you want to remove a meme entirely from the internet? (Note that the 1st option is probably the only option that will be taken seriously.)

I consider that you are asking for entry deletion. Not like we can remove memes from existence or something.. Maybe you should know what is meme at first? Read it if you don't know.
Anyways.. About entry deletions:

• Is that entry violates copyright?

If that entry includes your material and you can prove that you are the copyright holder of the material, you can C&D mail to us and we can remove it.

• Is that entry spam?

Spam entries will be mostly deleted by moderators. But if you noticed something that we miss, you can report one of the mods via mail or IRC. And we will remove it.

• Is that entry offensive?

We are here to document internet trends. Offensive or not. If that entry contains such material, entry editors will add some discretion notice. We will not remove entries just because they are offensive.

On the other hand, the entry can be written poor/atrocious intentionally or unintentionally by newcomers.
We do not permit bully/racist/awful formatting. You should report it.. But if the entry is legit, it'll be re-written. If it is not, it will be dealpooled or deleted.

• Do you think that entry is not a meme? Not worth to mention? Stupid? exc..

If sources have given, formatting is neat, have proof that subject is a meme,exc
No we won't. We don't just delete things because of opinions. At the furthest, we will just deadpool entries that poorly written, unsourced or not enough wide spread.

Any question frostiebase?

@Kebab

Okay i understand that you are just joking, but can you please be more helpful when BNMs ask something?

Last edited Apr 07, 2014 at 07:03AM EDT

Guys, he doesn't actually have anything to delete. I have a strong feeling that he is trying to troubleshoot from another website within cheeseburger.

If this is the case OP, sorry we can't help you. KYM is owned by Cheezeburger, however is independently run and our moderators have zero influence on any of the other websites.

"Can I remove an Entry?"

No. You can't. Your entry may be hidden if it's against website rules, is blank, or is a duplicate.

"Can I remove an image or video I uploaded?"

Yes, you can. You can access the Admin Bar above your own images in the dedicated image page to edit the tags or delete your image. But it seems you have already discovered how to do so since your uploads do not have any images on them.

"Can I remove a comment?"

You can remove any comment created by you, and you can remove any comment from your wall. Both at any time after you have posted.

"Can I remove a Forum post?"

You can remove or edit any forum post you have created up to 30 minutes after you have posted the post. The edit limit can be circumnavigated via initiating the edit before the time limit is up, and using the back button to get back into the edit window if you messed up.

"Can I remove my Forum Thread?"

Yes, but only if you can delete your opening post before anyone else can post in it. Otherwise there will be a placeholder tag in the Opening Post. After this, if you REALLY need to delete your thread, ask a moderator to lock it.

"Can I remove or change my vote?"

No. I know, it's stupid, but no.

"Can I remove my account?"

Yes. Edit Profile, Account, and big red "deactivate my account" button.

"Can I remove Kebab?"

Kebab Removal Unit lacks the trumpeter and pianist at the moment, if you can play either of those instruments I am certain he will let you join the kebab removal brigade.

Last edited Apr 07, 2014 at 08:28AM EDT

If you came to remove a meme entry from KYM: You can't, only mods with the right powers can, but you can request them to us given that you provide the right reason.

If you came to remove a meme image from a different Cheezburger website: You're at the wrong address, this is KYM, and we're unaffiliated with Cheez on that.

frostiebase wrote:

I put up a friends picture on my phone but it got uploaded on the website and i dont know to take it down that is all

Maybe…

• Someone gained access to your phone and uploaded it to the site.
    • Or they uploaded it to a image hosting site, then someone here uploaded it.
  • Same as above, except that you, unaware of what are you doing, did it.
  • Or the kebab was hard to remove.
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!