Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

E-mail Links Not Working

Last posted Dec 09, 2014 at 01:07PM EST. Added Nov 26, 2014 at 05:48PM EST
6 posts from 3 users

I haven't been able to get any links from the e-mails to work for the past week. I used to have sporadic problems getting to KYM using them, but now any links to email.knowyourmeme.com result in a "Unable to connect" error.

Yeah. I didn't know if it was just on my end or if anyone else is having this problem. It is possible that my school is blocking it by mistake through the firewall or something. We once went a whole weekend without twitter b/c of a similar mistake, but I haven't gotten around to checking it anywhere else.

I've recently been having problems clicking the links I get in my emails from KYM too. Then again, I'm having issues loading other pages across KYM now as well, where some links will stay a blank page no matter how many times I try to refresh (e.g. right now, my own profile page). I logged out and cleared my cache/cookies, which seemed to help load those pages that weren't loading at the time, but I'm back to never being able to see certain links. I have a ton of plugins though so I dunno.

This is happening in Chrome but I just checked some of those neverload pages in Firefox and it's fine over there.

Never mind, I just realized my antivirus' web protection "feature" (it interferes with all sorts of webpages from different sites randomly so that they will never load, and it never tells you about it) decided to turn itself back on. That seems to be the problem; after I turned it off, those pages are loading just fine. As for why it does this, I will never know. This is Avira by the way.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!