RANKS ACHIEVABLE BY ANYONE:
0-1 contributions: Brand New
2-5ish contributions: Protomember
5ish- 10ish/15ish: Member
11/16-50 contributions: Gold Membership
51-100 contributions: Jr. Researcher
100+ contributions: Researcher

OTHERS:
Entry and forum moderators are picked by the Community Managers, who are staff.
Tikibar Mgmt is arguably the second-coolest position, but is so secret that no one can say what powers it holds.
Scientist Emeritus is the coolest position.

Last edited Apr 19, 2010 at 08:57PM EDT

It's actually Gold Membership first before Member but other than that, Horseeater pretty much has everything right. I don't really know how the contribution count part goes though.

Also, there is a slight possibility that higher ranks will be created in the future but there's no official "yes" concerning the matter yet.

Haha, not really. They're just two special titles given to two special members of the community based on their historical impact on this site. Contribution count is not really accounted for concerning these titles.

Jamie was the lead scientist in the KYM videos until he retired to work for another site (Bubble Fusion Labs) and a co-founder of KnowYourMeme.com alongside Greg Leuch if I'm not mistaken.

Blubber, on the other hand like Tristan said, is the most awesome of the mods. He was also the first regular user to be upgraded to a mod (originally he was an admin but he was demoted so the other mods wouldn't feel overpowered by him).

jamie gets the scientest emeritus for his work in helping start the site.
blubber was our first moderator and we gave him an honorary title of tikibar mngr.

other staff and mods have appropriate titles.

the first 100 users also get attributes for being an early adopter, with their # next to it (unless user already has another title)

otherwise Horseeater pretty much nailed it.

Contributions are also a measurement of several things -- entry submissions, edits, editorships (being an editor for an article), images, comments, forum posts. So it's a general participation metric.

Like Greg mentioned I'm a "scientist emeritus" since I cofounded the show & the website, but am no longer an official Rocketboom employee. Now I am a freelance internet researcher :-)

Don't see why you want mod, all you do is clean up mess's, and argue with people all day, trust me, was a mod on a gmod server, and god that is the worst.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!