Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

WAY TOO MUCH ENTRIES

Last posted May 20, 2010 at 05:43PM EDT. Added May 20, 2010 at 01:50AM EDT
12 posts from 7 users

so, i noticed that this is thursday and already this site have more then 70 new entries. there are people who see the same image macro/video referation/combo/WUTEVER only twice and they go excited as hell to this site to write an entry about it. this is the reason REALY potentional memes are in "submission" for a realy long time.
that is annoying and sad. we need rules about making an entry, somewhat like a…IDK, "confirmation form" that covers all that rubish up.
something like a form of questions that asks about the number of usege or number of responses and what not.

its just sad to wake up in the morning getting on your computer going to see whats new on KYM and you see this:

TOTAL ENTRIES:2,626, 74 this week
"submission memes" has 37 of pages, full of shitty articles but also golden ones.

the "comfirmed memes" section has only 30 pages of deffinatly memes.

and the "DEADPOOL'D memes" section has: 55 pages!.
(by pages i mean a whole internet page, every page has 20 meme entries, that means:

CONFIRMED MEMES: aprox. 600 meme entries.
SUBMISSION MEMES: aprox. 740 meme entries.
DEADPOOL'D MEMES:aprox. 1100 FUCKING MEME ENTRIES!.)

now whats REALY sad that most of these "deadpool'd" entries have only a couple of rows!, like seriously, someone see a combo macro on 4chan twice, he come here and start writing a 4-6 rows "article" about it.
its fluding the site and i think bad entries (REALY BAD ENTRIES) should get you b&, not pernbann but something like this.

I don't think that's a fair punishment. If it persists, then sure ban him for however long you want, but if it's just one article, it's pretty harmless. Besides, they might just not have enough time to write an in-depth article.

That's what I think.

well, most of these people who write these entries just leave them away so i think someone needs to make an article(or a forum entry) about "what you do before writing an entry", and you will HAVE to read that guide. but banning ment to people who make like 2 or more articles a day

Actualy we can.
we need a some sort of a self test with questions like:

(ex.:)
"How many images have you seen reffering to the macro"
or
"How many video responses and dervations of the original video have you seen"
or even:
"Are you sure this is a meme?, Posting entries is serious businnes!"

you know what im sayin'?

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree.
If someone is so uninformed as to believe that everything they see on 4chan or something between just them and their friends is a meme, I doubt that they will actually read any sort of self-test thing. It may cut the flow slightly, but then again it's the stupidest people who are the most persistent.

Here's thething: This site is all about documenting internet culture and phenomena. A submission that is sent to the deadpool either has no further prevalence than what the author has described or is obvious in having no memetic content.

All in all, an entry that seems to have memetic content deserves to be thoroughly researched and treated the same as any other entry you would consider to be a meme right of the bat.

Now, if a user submits all straight-up asininity, the entry is marked invalid.

Let me assure though with the rest of the entries; some mods and managers are too busy to sufficiently evaluate all of these entries, so I strongly encourage to evaluate one yourself and submit a recognition to "deadpool" or invalidate the meme to an entry moderator or admin.

>Biotic Zombie
Well, im talking about entries that really has no content what so ever.
and, ive seend a thread saying the the "+1 confirm" and "+1 Deadpool" is for mods to tell waht is valid or not between them so…IDK…
im just thinking you need more "Entry Mods", who can "confirm" or "deadpool" an entry.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!