Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

New Ads?

Last posted May 04, 2011 at 12:21AM EDT. Added May 02, 2011 at 11:33AM EDT
13 posts from 8 users

Today, I have seen both ads that play sound and ads that pop up in the page window outside of the frame where the ads usually are. In all my time on KYM, I have never seen either of these type of ad before, and I was wondering if the site recently started allowing these ads, or if someone was sneaking them in somehow. They are quite annoying, but if the site needed them to stay up, I would understand.

Unfortunately, I did not think anything was odd until I thought about it after leaving the pages. I am trying to find the ads again now.
The audio ad informed me that I was a winner, but I doubt that is much help.

Well, shoot, that works amazingly well. The only problem is, I use Firefox mainly. Have you heard about anything of comparable quality for Firefox?
Also, I have spent about the past hour looking at random pages on KYM trying to find audio or pop-up ads again, and have not found anything, which is odd, seeing as how I found two in about half an hour before. Perhaps it was just a one time thing.

James wrote:

Do you remember what product or service the ads were for?

A few days ago I saw a flashing "click here to redeem your free iPod" in the side-bar, and it played that sound clip: "Congratulations! You've Won!"
I'll take a screenshot if I see it again.

We shouldn't have pop-ups, pop-unders, or autoplaying audio coming from any of our advertisements. If you do come across an advertisement that does any of these things, do let us know so we can take care of the annoying crap :(

Last edited May 03, 2011 at 11:57PM EDT

Okay so I just found something. It was an ad about Victory motorcycles or something and was one of those ads that talks about the product with a video and what-not. It covered up most of the screen and hindered my internet-ness.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!