Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,710 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Explaining the Karma System

Last posted Jun 22, 2011 at 12:19AM EDT. Added Jun 19, 2011 at 10:01PM EDT
300 posts from 40 users

It would be nice if we could have a brief explanation of how Karma works on Know Your Meme. I've been here a month, and I still only have about 49. If someone could come on here and explain this thing, it would be very cool of you.

People add karma to you by pushing the + button next to your comments in the forums.
(You can only get it in the forums)
And really means nothing.

Last edited Jun 19, 2011 at 10:05PM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

That seems like a good idea, but it also seems unethical as well.

And thank you, Sweetie Belle. I appreciate the sentiment.

It's also a way to keep track of how good a member is. High Post count with Little Krama count can usually mean that member isn't liked by the community. Little Posts count and High Krama count can mean that the user is generally liked by the community.

So it's good to keep a good ratio of Krama to Posts.

Well I'm almost at 1000 and I've been here less than two months so I profit 500 karma a month. Alex Inc. Is doing great business for the karma community. Thank you. And I better get 1000 karma before RF. That bastard stole my grandfather's pocket watch…

All I have left is this hat.

Last edited Jun 19, 2011 at 10:22PM EDT

I piss people off alot. I been here for almost 2 years and i'm finally getting close to 3000. At least none of that karma is me +1 myself!

Last edited Jun 19, 2011 at 10:32PM EDT

Dane wrote:

I'd like to point out that I have more krama than actual posts, and I do believe I am the only person who posts regularly who has that….

Oooh yeah!

You're not alone…

Dane wrote:

I'd like to point out that I have more krama than actual posts, and I do believe I am the only person who posts regularly who has that….

Oooh yeah!

Over half of you and Alex's karma was probably RF though.

Syndic wrote:

It should be noted that a total krama that is negative shows up as positive. Prime example:

Not true. I gave him tons of karma due to me +1ing every post. I once lost 10 karma in a day by making a sexist comment.

Syndic wrote:

It should be noted that a total krama that is negative shows up as positive. Prime example:

This moron has more krama than me just for being an intentional asshole. Just goes to show, life ain't fair…

Oh well. Guess I should just….

Last edited Jun 19, 2011 at 11:11PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!